work in progress linuxsampler pdf

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Alex

work in progress linuxsampler pdf

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:24 am

In the Openoctaveproject workflow chain, LS plays an important part, and in an effort to make the user experience with creating .lscp files as easy a path as possible, we've added a linuxsampler page to our work in progress quick start manual, at OOP.

One of our users, Anton, has generously converted the current OOP LS page to pdf as a service to other users. (Many thanks Anton)

I'll post it here, and if LS users would like to contribute a paragraph or two, to enhance this further, and maybe towards a more generic user friendly LS guide, we'd welcome your input.

I ask if users can use this thread to make any contributions, and yes, i've spotted a couple of my spelling mistakes, and grammatical blunders already. :) (My fault, not Anton's)

Alex.

https://github.com/ccherrett/oom/wiki/L ... _guide.pdf

stanlea

Re: work in progress linuxsampler pdf

Post by stanlea » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for that, but why do you present the fantasia interface rather than the qsampler one? Does it works better for you ?

Alex

Re: work in progress linuxsampler pdf

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Stan, good question and 2 reasons in response.

1. Fantasia works well here.

2. Fantasia handles multiple banks (more than 2), where qsampler only has 2, one for a GM style bank, and a GM style percussion bank.

At the OpenOctaveProject, we're using large orchestral sample libs, which we build into a LOT of instrument midimaps.

Alex.