opensource sample lib format

You name it!
Alex

Re: opensource sample lib format

Post by Alex » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:14 pm

A quick question.

Is there a list of currently supported opcodes for the sfz engine?

I'm trying to use the "offset" opcode, and it doesn't seem to be working, given i'm not trying to make a user error here somewhere.

Alex.

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Just to be clear: It is really early days for the sfz engine, basically the only thing it currently do is triggering samples. The impressive work Grigor have done is to refactor the GIG engine code so that it can be reused by the new SFZ and SF2 engines. It was all committed to CVS as it started to become a bit messy sending patches between developers for review via email, not because they were ready for release. I think Grigor is currently implementing the EGs and LFOs.

Currently the LinuxSampler SFZ Implementation document is more of a wish list of opcodes to be implemented and source for figuring out what each opcode is supposed to do. It will hopefully soon start to reflect the reality once more work have been done on the engine. Just because the SFZ reader at the moment manage to parse a definition file and recognize an opcode doesn't necessarily mean the opcode has yet been implemented in the SFZ engine.

Hmm.. just took a look at sfz.cpp and it looks like the "offset" opcode isn't parsed at all while both "offset_random" and "offset_onccN" are. So at least that omission is a bug.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:11 pm

dahnielson wrote:Just to be clear: It is really early days for the sfz engine, basically the only thing it currently do is triggering samples. The impressive work Grigor have done is to refactor the GIG engine code so that it can be reused by the new SFZ and SF2 engines. It was all committed to CVS as it started to become a bit messy sending patches between developers for review via email, not because they were ready for release. I think Grigor is currently implementing the EGs and LFOs.

Currently the LinuxSampler SFZ Implementation document is more of a wish list of opcodes to be implemented and source for figuring out what each opcode is supposed to do. It will hopefully soon start to reflect the reality once more work have been done on the engine. Just because the SFZ reader at the moment manage to parse a definition file and recognize an opcode doesn't necessarily mean the opcode has yet been implemented in the SFZ engine.

Yes, i'm aware of the current state. I'm thinking here if we have a list of current opcodes, users not aware of the current state will know where they stand, and what will and won't work. No one is deriding the excellent work going on, or implying there's a problem.

I've been asked this question 3 times in 2 days, and as more people come on board, as there seems to be, it would possibly forestall any repetition, or perception that there's something.....wrong, when there clearly isn't, at least to us.

Alex.

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:25 pm

I haven't yet had time to play around with the new engine(s) and look into the work that's been done in depth. But I would wager a guess, that for the time being, the following opcodes can be considered implemented by the engine:

sample=
lokey=
hikey=
key=
lovel=
hivel=
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:05 am

dahnielson wrote:I haven't yet had time to play around with the new engine(s) and look into the work that's been done in depth. But I would wager a guess, that for the time being, the following opcodes can be considered implemented by the engine:

sample=
lokey=
hikey=
key=
lovel=
hivel=
That would explain a lot :)

I will abandon work on this for now till it matures a bit. At least I learned a lot :)
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:37 am

dahnielson wrote:I haven't yet had time to play around with the new engine(s) and look into the work that's been done in depth. But I would wager a guess, that for the time being, the following opcodes can be considered implemented by the engine:

sample=
lokey=
hikey=
key=
lovel=
hivel=
There's a lot more than that implemented in the current engine. This is what I found after a quick look at the code (some of these may be only partial implemented, not sure):
  • lochan
    hichan
    key
    lokey
    hikey
    lovel
    hivel
    lobend
    hibend
    lochanaft
    hichanaft
    sw_lokey
    sw_hikey
    sw_last
    sw_down
    sw_up
    sw_previous
    trigger
    loccN
    hiccN

sample

loop_mode
    loop_start
    loop_end
    count
    group

pitch_keytrack
    pitch_keycenter
    tune
    pan

ampeg_start
    ampeg_attack
    ampeg_hold
    ampeg_decay
    ampeg_sustain
    ampeg_release

fileg_start
    fileg_attack
    fileg_decay
    fileg_sustain
    fileg_release

pitcheg_attack

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:48 am

Andreas wrote:

sample=
lokey=
hikey=
key=
lovel=
hivel=
There's a lot more than that implemented in the current engine. This is what I found after a quick look at the code (some of these may be only partial implemented, not sure):
  • lochan
    hichan
    key
    lokey
    hikey
    lovel
    hivel
    lobend
    hibend
    lochanaft
    hichanaft
    sw_lokey
    sw_hikey
    sw_last
    sw_down
    sw_up
    sw_previous
    trigger
    loccN
    hiccN

sample

loop_mode
    loop_start
    loop_end
    count
    group

pitch_keytrack
    pitch_keycenter
    tune
    pan

ampeg_start
    ampeg_attack
    ampeg_hold
    ampeg_decay
    ampeg_sustain
    ampeg_release

fileg_start
    fileg_attack
    fileg_decay
    fileg_sustain
    fileg_release

pitcheg_attack
To prove it some debug statements telling you what sample is fired would really help.
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org

nicop
User

Post by nicop » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi, I report that also the following opcodes seems to work :) :
seq_position=
seq_length=
lorand=
hirand=

I'm planning to convert all my Battery3 library in SFZ, so I'll be extremely happy if you'll implement the "offset" opcode.

thanks and keep up good work :D