Feature request - loop editor

You name it!
markhadman

Feature request - loop editor

Post by markhadman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:33 pm

I'd like to see a graphical loop editor in gigedit (in fact I was quite taken aback by the lack of one!)

AFAICT there are no other graphical loop editors with an export feature to do the job, so this is, to me, a fundamental feature. There is a GNU/GPL2 sampler called Specimen that has a reasonable graphical loop editor, but the project seems less ambitious than LinuxSampler and may in fact be slightly abandoned.

cuse
Developer

Re: feature request - loop editor

Post by cuse » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Luis Garrido is currently working on a new, promising, instrument editor with frontend capabilities named "qgiged". There's still a lot to do, he said only viewing (read-only) gig instruments is currently possible with it, but he already integrated a graphical loop editor. Let's see how it evolves ...

Regarding gigedit, my idea was to re-use some application like e.g. re-zound as loop editor for gig samples. Or maybe we can extract a loop editor widget from somewhere. Writing one from scratch would take some time. But there's definitely a need for a graphical loop editor. We'll see ...

konsumer

Re: Feature request - loop editor

Post by konsumer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:48 pm

new versions of swami have a pretty nice one, plus auto-detection of loop points. Not all the loops are good (sometimes too short, etc) but it's much easier to just go through the loops it found, until you find one that works the way you want.