I am Coding Create Instruments as Directories

You name it!
ccherrett
Advanced User

Re: I am Coding Create Instruments as Directories

Post by ccherrett » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:43 am

OK I have some great progress!

The dialog to load the samples looks like this:

A big thanks to my good friend Andrew Williams for coding this with me for the last many days!

2 NOTES:

1.) VSL samples have some special characters in the names that are blowing up when loading into linuxsampler. Example:

Unknown DB instrument: /VSL/PRO/Orchestral_Cube/Brass_and_Woodwinds/13 Flute-2/03 FL2_oV_DYNAMIC-MEDIUM.gig/FL2_cre2_1?5s
Unknown DB instrument: /VSL/PRO/Orchestral_Cube/Brass_and_Woodwinds/15 Oboe/03 OB_oV_DYNAMIC-MEDIUM.gig/OB_cre2_1?5-4s
Unknown DB instrument: /VSL/PRO/Orchestral_Cube/Brass_and_Woodwinds/18 Clarinet - Bb/03 KLB_DYNAMIC-LIGHT.gig/KLB_cre1_1?5s

The ? should be a single quote. How can this be helped?

2.) The progress displayed freezes when loading large amounts of samples. It it good for the first bit but then pops up a dialog: Refreshing Progress (I think it was). the samples are still loaded in linuxsampler but not updated in Fantasia till Fantasia is closed and reopen.

If I could get some help with those 2 points it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:03 pm

ccherrett wrote:1.) VSL samples have some special characters in the names that are blowing up when loading into linuxsampler. Example:
Did this issue arise after your changes?
ccherrett wrote:2.) The progress displayed freezes when loading large amounts of samples. It it good for the first bit but then pops up a dialog: Refreshing Progress (I think it was). the samples are still loaded in linuxsampler but not updated in Fantasia till Fantasia is closed and reopen.
I'll try to reproduce this when I have time.

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:37 am

grishata wrote: Did this issue arise after your changes?
No the issue exists outside of any code I touched. The reason I saw it was because this is the first time I have ever had so many instruments loaded like this. There are few in the library but the few that are there error out.
Christopher Cherrett

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:46 am

btw, I think that we don't need the file extension in the directory name, for example, 05 PFL_TRILLS instead of 05 PFL_TRILLS.gig

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:13 am

grishata wrote:btw, I think that we don't need the file extension in the directory name, for example, 05 PFL_TRILLS instead of 05 PFL_TRILLS.gig
Done :)

The patches are here:

https://bugs.linuxsampler.org/cgi-bin/s ... cgi?id=103

I hope it can make it in.

Thanks!
Christopher Cherrett

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:10 pm

ccherrett wrote:1.) VSL samples have some special characters in the names that are blowing up when loading into linuxsampler. Example:

Unknown DB instrument: /VSL/PRO/Orchestral_Cube/Brass_and_Woodwinds/13 Flute-2/03 FL2_oV_DYNAMIC-MEDIUM.gig/FL2_cre2_1?5s
Unknown DB instrument: /VSL/PRO/Orchestral_Cube/Brass_and_Woodwinds/15 Oboe/03 OB_oV_DYNAMIC-MEDIUM.gig/OB_cre2_1?5-4s
Unknown DB instrument: /VSL/PRO/Orchestral_Cube/Brass_and_Woodwinds/18 Clarinet - Bb/03 KLB_DYNAMIC-LIGHT.gig/KLB_cre1_1?5s

I've run into that problem as well with some VSL instruments using vanilla Fantasia.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:50 pm

dahnielson wrote:

I've run into that problem as well with some VSL instruments using vanilla Fantasia.
Did you ever come up with a solution? It is preventing me from using many instruments.
Christopher Cherrett

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:07 pm

ccherrett wrote:
dahnielson wrote:I've run into that problem as well with some VSL instruments using vanilla Fantasia.
Did you ever come up with a solution? It is preventing me from using many instruments.
In my case instruments with backquote characters in their names was at least imported into the database, all I had to do was to open it in sqlitebrowser and change the offending character to the single prime character normally used.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:44 pm

all fixed in cvs trunk! :)
Christopher Cherrett