Linux Sampler / Fantasia - problem report

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
RobS

Linux Sampler / Fantasia - problem report

Post by RobS » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am

Problem report Linux Sampler for Windows for kind attention of the LS team please:

Description: Fantasia hangs up on the user while loading sample library.

I am using Linux Sampler for Windows 7, 64 bit, the latest version in the SVN as at 29 Dec 2011. Fantasia as the front end.

To recreate the problem:

In Fantasia, I used the Instruments database to load 768 GIG sounds from the Irish Acts Sample library ... Christian you have a copy of the same library :-)
In the main Fantasia window, I then added an Orchestra called Irish Acts Orchestra.
In the Instruments database, I selected (highlighted) all 768 sounds.
In the Instruments database, I selected the function "Add to Orchestra".

Problem symptoms:

Both the windows in Fantasia became unresponsive, no response to windows controls or other window events, looked like the front end had crashed.
I waited about 10 minutes, and then Fantasia came "back to life" ... the sounds had been loaded.
The GUI front end needs a progress indicator for file/ sample imports.
The GUI front end needs to remain responsive to Windows minimization and other window events, it can't just "freeze out" window handling for 10 or more minutes.

Thanks,
Rob

RobS

Re: Linux Sampler / Fantasia - problem report

Post by RobS » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm now doing this a different way, by loading all samples using an LSCP script file.
Running the script from Fantasia works fine.

Thanks,
Rob