No sound on export in FL Studio 10

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
rifftrax

No sound on export in FL Studio 10

Post by rifftrax » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm using Linuxsampler with the Fantasia front-end in FL Studio 10 on a windows xp machine (Core2Quad Q6600 w/3gb RAM using the windows 3gb switch and FL Studio's extended memory mode). It plays fine, has super low CPU usage and seems quite stable until I try to actually export the audio. Exporting causes the Linuxsampler instruments to produce a blank file (silence) and afterwards there is no sound from the instruments until I restart FL Studio. Right now I get around that by doing a live bounce to disk but that is rather time-consuming and it seems there must be a setting or something that is causing the issue likely. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm very new to using Linuxsampler but it's enabled me to resurrect all my old .gig libraries which is just a god-send. If I could get it to export correctly I'd really be in business.

I have to say I'm really blown away by the near utter lack of CPU usage. This kicks kontakt, independence, dimension pro, alchemy and sampletank's asses all over the place. Really amazing. I've got 4 instances of Linuxsampler up with legacy VSL instruments loaded in all of them playing simultaneously and CPU usage is at 3-4% total(!!!) :o

Andreas
Developer

Re: No sound on export in FL Studio 10

Post by Andreas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Rendering faster than real-time isn't supported yet, sorry.

Glad to hear that LS is so efficient on your system.

cuse
Developer

Re: No sound on export in FL Studio 10

Post by cuse » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:45 am

For realtime operation an audio driver supplies a small audio buffer to be filled by the sampler in each audio cycle. For offline rendering (a.k.a "Freeze" function) the sequencer app usually provides a very large buffer for the sampler to fill, which can exceed the limitations of LinuxSampler ATM. Shouldn't be hard to fix though. But isn't there also a setting in some sequence apps to render offline with shorter buffer sizes?