Blessings for Linux Sampler and newbie question about sfz

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
rockdude

Blessings for Linux Sampler and newbie question about sfz

Post by rockdude » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place, but please feel free to move this topic if it's in the wrong section.

I recently discovered Sfz and Linux Sampler and so far I like it a lot. I'm using Linux Sampler on Win7x64 without any problems...well LS crashes if I choose the lowest buffer setting on my firebox, but all other buffers works like a charm.

Anyway, I'm doing my first sfz mapped drums and I'm new to all opcodes and such.
I've managed to map most of the kit including the hihat where I control it's different states of openness with midi cc. (I'm playing the sfz mapped drum samples with my e-drum kit)
I can't figure out how to do cross fades between the different hihat groups to make the transitions smoother. I've simplified my mapping below as an example. Could someone please edit it and show me how to do a cross fade between each group? I guess xfin and xfout is the way to go? I've tried it but without success.

Code: Select all

// Hihat Tight
<group> key=42 loop_mode=one_shot locc4=124 hicc4=127 group=1 off_by=1 
<region> lovel=0 hivel=80 sample=Cymbals\hat tight 1 - 13in zildjian remix.wav
<region> lovel=81 hivel=127 sample=Cymbals\hat tight 2 - 13in zildjian remix.wav

// Hihat Loose
<group> key=42 loop_mode=one_shot locc4=60 hicc4=123 group=1 off_by=1
<region> lovel=0 hivel=80 sample=Cymbals\hat loose 1 - 13in zildjian remix.wav
<region> lovel=81 hivel=127 sample=Cymbals\hat loose 2 - 13in zildjian remix.wav

// Hihat Open
<group> key=42 loop_mode=one_shot locc4=0 hicc4=59 group=1 off_by=1
<region> lovel=0 hivel=80 sample=Cymbals\hat open 1 - 13in zildjian remix.wav
<region> lovel=81 hivel=127 sample=Cymbals\hat open 2 - 13in zildjian remix.wav
[/size]

Cheers
Martin

Andreas
Developer

Re: Blessings for Linux Sampler and newbie question about sfz

Post by Andreas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Yes, xfin and xfout is the way to go, but unfortunately they are not supported yet.

rockdude

Re: Blessings for Linux Sampler and newbie question about sfz

Post by rockdude » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Andreas wrote:Yes, xfin and xfout is the way to go, but unfortunately they are not supported yet.
Oh I thought they were already supported:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVrD ... inition_92
I thought all opcodes mentioned there were supported except the stricken ones. When will xfin and xfout be supported in Linux Sampler?