beginner horribly confused

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
clark

beginner horribly confused

Post by clark » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 pm

hi, i just downloaded the package for mac, and i really have no clue what to do... i ran linuxsampler and fantasia, i hope that much is correct, and after that i'm lost.

i downloaded it for making hip hop tracks, and what i would like to do is sample portions of james brown songs etc. and be able to trigger several different samples with my midi keyboard or somehow, in order to build a hip hop track in garageband. is this possible? if so, if somebody could throw me a bone and just give VERY simple instructions how to do this... i know a lot about music but i really know almost nothing about computers.

the equipment i have is like i said a midi keyboard which is connected to my macbook through an emu 0404 usb interface. i am on mac osx 10.5.8

i haven't been able to find any basic tutorials or instructions and i would greatly appreciate any help i can get. THANK YOU in advance

luisgarrido

Re: beginner horribly confused

Post by luisgarrido » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 pm

It doesn't seem LS is really the right tool for you, from what you describe. LS is not designed to trigger arbitrary samples, rather it works with sampled instrument libraries.