No Sound in Windows 7

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
joshrose

No Sound in Windows 7

Post by joshrose » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:29 am

I'm trying to get some sound out of the standalone linux sampler, and I am having no success. I have carefully followed the windows HOWTO, using the backend and jsampler. I installed ASIO4ALL, and set that up as the output, I also set up the midi input, and loaded a .gig. Everything looks in order, but I cannot get any audio to my soundcard. I'm not sure where to go from here. I thought perhaps it was ASIO4ALL, but I have dabbled with all of the configuration options, and nothing seems to make a difference. I have also tried running the VST in Sonar 8, but I have the same problem... no sound back in to sonar.

I know this is not a lot of information to go off of, but I am positive that I am doing everything listed in the "Windows HowTo" document, and I'm not getting any results. Is there anything else I should be looking out for? Any advice is appreciated.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Re: No Sound in Windows 7

Post by ggoodesa » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Josh,

In Windows 7 the audio layers are different to Win XP and so ASIO4ALLv2 sometimes has a hard time getting access to the audio device. Most likely some other program is using (or at least accessing) the soundcard. Go into the advanced configuration portion of the ASIO4ALL icon and see what it reports.

GrahamG