Fantasia bindings list too large to fit into screen

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Alex

Fantasia bindings list too large to fit into screen

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:53 am

At the moment i'm attempting to add 167 midi jack bindings in Fantasia. The popop list goes to 53 before it disappears off the bottom of the screen. I can see down to number 53, before i have to start counting with the down arrow, out of view, and attempt to correctly add the right binding. (A slow and mistake ridden task)

Can i ask if the popup list be made multi column, so if the user has too many bindings, the popup resizes to extra columns, so all possible ports remain in view?
From my recent experience, having 40 as a max in a column would seem to be reasonable.

Alex.

grishata
Developer

Re: Fantasia bindings list too large to fit into screen

Post by grishata » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm not sure for which popup you are talking about. Are you talking about setting the JACK_BINDINGS midi input port parameter?

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:31 am

Grigor, yes that's the one.

Another observation. After you fixed the width of the port names in the combobox for a channel, i noticed the same challenge in the instrument wizard. The combobox for selecting an articulation inside a multi artticulation gig doesn't expand to fit the longest file name. And the wizard doesn't resize to allow stretching it out.

Alex.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:54 pm

I think I fixed those issues. Please, give it a try to confirm whether it works well now.

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:34 am

Works ok now.
I'll give it a taste of the BIG template tomorrow, and see what happens.

Thanks for doing this.

Alex.

p.s. Would it worth updating the current Fantasia version in the download section of the website to include these changes?

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:57 am

Grigor, the jack bindings list for each channel displays correctly for 116 midi ports (using muse as the sequencer midi port inputs).

Thanks again,

Alex.