Expression Pedal

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
domi

Expression Pedal

Post by domi » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi,

Is there any way to get LinuxSampler to respond to an expression pedal (CC# 11)?

I can set the overall volume of a channel using CC# 7, which works just as expected, but I need a second controller to make volume changes while I'm playing. I tried editing the .gig files in gigedit to assign a MIDI controller to the sample amplitude, but I can't really figure out how. Anyway, no matter what I did, CC# 11 didn't have any effect.

Any suggestions?

Alex

Re: Expression Pedal

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:07 am

If you have Fantasia installed, you can use the FX send facility in a channel to define a set CC number.

Create a new FX send, name it and hit enter, then on the right of the popup, select which cc you want to control the send with (in your case, 11). Allocate the audio outs the same as for the main outs for the channel. You'll need to do this for each channel.

It's not perfect, but it works, at least here.

Alex.

Alex

Re: Expression Pedal

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 am

If you have Fantasia installed, you can use the FX send facility in a channel to define a set CC number. (or hack the lscp file directly)

Create a new FX send, name it and hit enter, then on the right of the popup, select which cc you want to control the send with (in your case, 11). Allocate the audio outs the same as for the main outs for the channel. You'll need to do this for each channel.

It's not perfect, but it works, at least here.

Alex.