Midi connect failed - USB Midi Controller

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
DerRobert

Midi connect failed - USB Midi Controller

Post by DerRobert » Fri May 28, 2010 11:27 am

Hello everybody,

I searched the forum and found a similar problem, maybe someone has a solution now?

I bought an AKAI LPD-8 USB Midi controller. It works fine with Windows 7 64 bit and LinuxSampler. But when I plug it into Windows XP I can't use it in LS because of a Midi Port connect error. It is shown in the list of possible Midi devices but if I select it, the connection fails. In other software (e.g. Reason) it works fine.

I thought it may be a problem with the "ä" in "USB-Audiogerät" ("USB audio device") so I changed all registry entries to "USB-Audiogeraet" except the entries in the device manager which I couldn't change at runtime. Is it possible LS has problems with device names including umlauts?

Some idea? This problem makes me crazy ;-)

Thanks to everyone!
Robert

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Re: Midi connect failed - USB Midi Controller

Post by ggoodesa » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Robert,

I'm not a programmer so I can't comment on whether LinuxSampler has a problem with umlauts, but I can suggest a workaround for Windows XP.

1) Install a software virtual MIDI cable (if you're running LinuxSampler in 32-bit then use MIDI Yoke, if 64-bit then LoopBe1)
2) Install MIDI-OX (both MIDI-OX and MIDI Yoke are available from www.midiox.com)
3) Run LinuxSampler - connecting to the virtual MIDI Cable
4) Use MIDI-OX to connect the USB-Audiogerät to the virtual midi cable

Then you should be able to play....

Let us know how it goes,

GrahamG

DerRobert

Re: Midi connect failed - USB Midi Controller

Post by DerRobert » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Hello!
Thanx for the tip; i will try this when I find time for it. At the moment my band has big problems, because our drummer left :-/

greets,
Rob