LSCPServer: Client connection terminated

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
vlada

LSCPServer: Client connection terminated

Post by vlada » Mon May 10, 2010 12:05 am

I get this message whenever I try to pass my lscp file to linuxsampler. There are no unusual messages or similar, yet linuxsampler doesn't want to react on MIDI messages my keyboard sends. Using Fantasia is a different story. There I can actually use virtual midi keyboard or send data to it using real keyboard. I'm asking because I can't see the " LSCPServer: Client connection terminated on socket:4." message from there. Is this even related?!

Using latest official versions linuxsampler related apps and libs.

Thanks in advance,
Vlada

vlada

Re: LSCPServer: Client connection terminated

Post by vlada » Wed May 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Anyone, please...
The same happens with manually compiled libs and binaries too.
Why JSampler works, but without GUI there is no sound (even though MIDI and audio ports are created available for using)... :(

I have run out of ideas...

[edit] Well, even instructions on how to monitor linuxsampler's instrument loading from console (if possible) would be perfect for start [/edit]

[edit2] The only notable difference is that Fantasia log says that "connection established" happens on socket:5 too, instead of just socket:4 as in what happens when firing up linuxsampler from console [/edit2]

cuse
Developer

Re: LSCPServer: Client connection terminated

Post by cuse » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:47 pm

In QSampler (Qt based graphical fronted to LinuxSampler) there is MIDI event monitor LED in the channel strips and you can open a MIDI event monitor window for MIDI input devices from the menu.