Linuxsampler compilation jack 1.9.5

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
TChris

Linuxsampler compilation jack 1.9.5

Post by TChris » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 am

Hi,

I'm trying to compile linuxsampler 1.0.0 with jack 1.9.5 but some function declarations seem to have changed in jack 1.9.5.

Code: Select all

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I/usr/local/include/ -I/usr/local/include/ -Wreturn-type -ffast-math -g -O2 -pthread -MT MidiInputDeviceJack.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/MidiInputDeviceJack.Tpo -c MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/MidiInputDeviceJack.o
MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp:226:68: error: macro "jack_midi_get_event_count" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp: In member function ‘void LinuxSampler::MidiInputDeviceJack::Process(int)’:
MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp:226: error: invalid conversion from ‘jack_nframes_t (*)(void*)’ to ‘int’
Is-it possible to compile linuxsampler with jack 1.9.5 ?

Thanks,

Chris

Andreas
Developer

Re: Linuxsampler compilation jack 1.9.5

Post by Andreas » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 pm

TChris wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to compile linuxsampler 1.0.0 with jack 1.9.5 but some function declarations seem to have changed in jack 1.9.5.

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I/usr/local/include/ -I/usr/local/include/ -Wreturn-type -ffast-math -g -O2 -pthread -MT MidiInputDeviceJack.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/MidiInputDeviceJack.Tpo -c MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/MidiInputDeviceJack.o
MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp:226:68: error: macro "jack_midi_get_event_count" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp: In member function ‘void LinuxSampler::MidiInputDeviceJack::Process(int)’:
MidiInputDeviceJack.cpp:226: error: invalid conversion from ‘jack_nframes_t (*)(void*)’ to ‘int’
Is-it possible to compile linuxsampler with jack 1.9.5 ?
Yes, it is.

Something went wrong when the configure script examined your jack installation. It didn't find the jack_midi_get_event_count function (which does exist in jack 1.9.5). Look in the config.log file after 'checking for jack_midi_get_event_count' to see why it failed.

TChris

Re: Linuxsampler compilation jack 1.9.5

Post by TChris » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:03 am

Ok,

I managed to get it to compile.
I added the following directive to JACK_CFLAGS when running configure:

./configure JACK_CFLAGS="-DHAVE_JACK_MIDI_GET_EVENT_COUNT"
Chris