Disk stream and DiskThread problems

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
victor

Disk stream and DiskThread problems

Post by victor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Hello

Oftentimes, Linuxsampler (with the Qsampler frontend) stops making sound, and i have the following message in the terminal:

At first:

Code: Select all

0x7f6eef1ee860 Disk stream not available in time!
At the time, I can still heard sound; there are several messages like that; after a few more, they are followed by:

Code: Select all

DiskThread: there was no free slot
Disk stream order failed!
Juste after thta, no sound anymore. If I wait a bit (few seconds/minutes), it works again.

I'm running Linuxsampler 1.0.0 on Gentoo (from the pro-audio overlay) on a Asus Core i7; it has never happened on my Fedora Planet CCRMA (which is the same version), but on a Core 2 Duo.

I found a similar thread on this forum :

http://bb.linuxsampler.org/viewtopic.ph ... 88d9#p2250

but Pianowave was using a quite old version, and the problem was fixed for him after upgrading. I'm using the up-to-date version.

Please, any idea that could help? Should I use cvs version?

Thank you

Alex

Re: Disk stream and DiskThread problems

Post by Alex » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Victor,

I've just seen this too, with a cvs update. Only way i can get rid of it at the moment, is to re-arrange my samples, and mute a track or two in my sequencer. (I have two devices and orchestral sample libs on 2 internal disks.)
So you're not going mad. :)

If i can find a workaound, outside of spreading samples out further, i'll let you know.

I have 2 HD sample drives, and LS is configured for 500voices/550streams.
I'm going to try 500 voices, and 600 streams this evening, and see if that works.

Alex.

victor

Re: Disk stream and DiskThread problems

Post by victor » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 am

Alex

The problem seems to come from a specific gig file. It is a 1.6 Go file that I have converted into a Gig file. Without this one, it seems ok.

However, it only gives that problem on my Gentoo. In my Fedora 12 Planet CCRMA, it works...

Thank you for your answer

Vic :

EDIT : well no, finally; this happens also without the specific gig file i was talking about; i still don't understand what happens there and how i coud solve the problem