LS and Cubase 5 - no output sound problem

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
pandroid

LS and Cubase 5 - no output sound problem

Post by pandroid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Hello everyone

I'm glad to find that great project here on internet. I have several giga libs and when heared about GigaStudio's end I was astonished, glad too see you guys working on that project. Looks very promising.

I've just downloaded linuxsampler installed it without any problems. I started Cubase 5, pressed f11 for VSTinstrument and selected linuxsampler32.vst. Seconds later fantasia sampler loaded and I was very happy to see it. Then I followed every step found in your manuals/faq, loaded the sample and bah! I hit the keyboard key and hear nothing. Here is how it looks:

[img]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6175/clipboard01vg.png
[/img]

In "Audio Devices" pool in Channel there avaible only Channel 0 and 1. Using any of them is helpless. Maybe I should change some options in Device Setup but have no clue which...

I work on 32bit Cubase in 32bit Xp Sp3. Going to swithc within 1-2 months to both 64 bit and Windows 7 then I'll try to help with finding bugs and errors. My master keyboard is directly connected to my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 midi input.

Any tips? Would be very gratefull.

renochew

Re: LS and Cubase 5 - no output sound problem

Post by renochew » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi, I can confirm that there is problem between cubase 5 and LS.

I use Cubase 4 and LS for a while until recently I upgrade to 5 and have the problem of getting no sound, I thought it might be some thing wrong with my cubase settings and I messed around different settings and get sound from time to time, but when I save the file with joy thinking I have fixed the problem, the next day I open the same file I get no sound again. This is kind of strange because it sometime works.

Currently I can only reverted to my good old REAPER which still work perfectly with LS

So, it might not be your problem, hope others could chime in with their experience with Cubase5/LS

I am using Cubase 5 / Windows 7 64 bits.
Last edited by renochew on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:42 am

pandroid wrote:In "Audio Devices" pool in Channel there avaible only Channel 0 and 1.
I spotted a bug in the vst code that could explain this, and possibly also your other problem. I have uploaded a version for you to test here.
Maybe I should change some options in Device Setup but have no clue which...
No, you should not touch any settings in the device setup when you run the VST.

renochew

Post by renochew » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 am

Hi Andreas, I've just tried your update and it seems that it do fix the problem, I tried a number of times starting and restarting cubase and I got sound all the time, hope it would fix the original poster's problem too.

Thanks for all the hard works.

Cheers.

pandroid

Post by pandroid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:55 am

Perfect! works like charm, thanks a lot. I'll keep reporting if spot any strange things .

Best regards