Need help instaling gigedit

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
pedrocortez

Need help instaling gigedit

Post by pedrocortez » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi
after quite a bit of initial help here....
I have Ubuntu Studio on hardy running very well with Ardour, Jack, LS, Rosegarden and driving my Novation NOva and EMU Protues 2000 !

So far so good !

However I now want to build my own gig files to use with LS and so tried to install gigedit. I had the source downloaded when i compiled LS and libs a few months ago.
After a few tries it seems to be there - but now my package manager in Synaptic wont run as it tells me i have a broken gigedit package. I think its something to do with the lib6 conflict. So in order to use synaptic i have had to remove gigedit.

Any ideas to help me resolve this - I have lots of samples I want to map on the keys !!

are there any other tools i could use to keymap samples instead ? I'd rather learn gigedit really if I can get it running without system conflict.

cheers
Pete

pedrocortez

Re: SOLVED Need help instaling gigedit

Post by pedrocortez » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:08 pm

solved it

making music with own gigs now - although for some reason importing short wav files into gigedit seems to crash it often !

oh well.... I will persevere

Pete