lscp permissions error

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
alextone

lscp permissions error

Post by alextone » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:57 am

Long time no see, greetings all.

I have a problem with running an lscp file from a terminal using the netcat command.

1. I created the lscp file using Fantasia, with liblscp 0.5.7.
When i try to netcat it, it tells me i don't have permission.

2. When i netcat an older lscp file it starts without a permissions error, but tells me all the LOAD and other commands can't be found, and won't load correctly.

3. When i copy the text from the new file into the old it starts, again without a permissions error, but like 2, tells me all the commands can't be found, and won't load correctly.

Is this a versions issue? User error?

4. When i try to build the latest liblscp as debs, from the svn repo, the build fails with:
dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "doc/html/*" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: liblscp-dev missing files: doc/html/*
dh_install: missing files, aborting
debian/rules:70: recipe for target 'binary-arch' failed
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2

Any help would be appreciated. I'm building the debs on a 64bit machine for install on another offline box in my studio at the mountain cottage, which has no interlink.

Alex.

(Yes that Alex, now living in the middle of Europe.)

AVLinux 64bit (based on debian 9)

cuse
Developer

Re: lscp permissions error

Post by cuse » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:22 pm

The precise permission error message might help. In general the sampler would not give you any permission errors, so that is probably an issue with netcat failing to access your lscp file.

For the other issue, I recommend you adding

Code: Select all

SET ECHO 1
to the beginning of the LSCP file, which causes the sampler to print out all commands it receives, then you can see which error message you got exactly for which LSCP command.

http://www.linuxsampler.org/api/draft-l ... SET%20ECHO