gigedit 1.1.0 does not compile

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
CG3D

gigedit 1.1.0 does not compile

Post by CG3D » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi,

I tried to compile gigedit 1.1.0 with GTK2 and GTK3 in Linux Mint XFCE 18.2. Both versions error out:

If I install libgtkmm-3.0-dev, libgtk-3-dev and libgtkmm-3.0-1v5, this error prevents me from compiling:

Code: Select all

regionchooser.cpp:30:25: fatal error: gdkmm/seat.h: No such file or directory
If I however install libgtkmm-2.4-dev, libgtk2.0-dev and libgtkmm-2.4-1v5, this error prevents me from compiling:

wrapLabel.cc:69:27: error: ‘WORD_CHAR’ is not a member of ‘Pango::WrapMode’
Any tip to get gigedit 1.1.0 to compile would be highly appreciated...?

p.s. I tried to search the forum for 'compile gegedit' to see if anyone had already mentioned this issue but it returned an error saying:

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: compile gigedit.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

So, sorry if this question has been asked before. :)

Thanx in advance and greetings,

CG3D

plusminus

Re: gigedit 1.1.0 does not compile

Post by plusminus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:53 am

Working on debian stretch I too get this error:

wrapLabel.cc:69:27: error: ‘WORD_CHAR’ is not a member of ‘Pango::WrapMode’
    get_layout()->set_wrap(Pango::WrapMode::WORD_CHAR);

barjac

Post by barjac » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Hit this building with gtkmm-2.4 but builds OK with gtkmm-3.0

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Usually gigedit compiles with all Gtk versions 2.4 and higher. So it also compiles with Gtk 3 and even with latest Gtk 4 developer version (which is not yet released).

Please check the your compiler output whether you might have a mixed gdk/gtk/gdkmm/gtkmm/pango/pangomm version conflict. Because the thing here is that Gtk(mm) is actually split it in dozens of individual libraries, and all of them actually work only together if their versions are somewhat compatible.