Music Creator 6 Touch passes right over LinuxSampler

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
romaji

Music Creator 6 Touch passes right over LinuxSampler

Post by romaji » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 pm

I downloaded and installed the latest version of linuxsampler, set the scanning folder to include everywhere it could be, and it looks at it and ignores it.
I also can't seem to use it on its own.
Is the problem with Music Creator or did I install linuxsampler wrong?

cuse
Developer

Re: Music Creator 6 Touch passes right over LinuxSampler

Post by cuse » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:36 pm

I guess you are talking about the VST Plugin version of LinuxSampler, and I guess you are on Windows. The Windows installer of LinuxSampler tries to auto detect the VST folder on your PC during the installation process. It does so by reading the Windows registry. You should also see the precise VST folder the installer detected and used when you enable details output of the installer. My guess is that you installed LinuxSampler before installing any VST host application. In that case the installer will simply use a default directory hard coded in the installer, which is $PROGRAMFILES64\Steinberg\VstPlugin for 64 bit machines.

Now that you already have your DAW app installed, I recommend you to simply uninstall and re-install LinuxSampler. That might already do the trick. If not check the logs of the installer and then check the precise location with the windows file manager.

romaji

Post by romaji » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:41 pm

I made it scan the folders that it was in. And reinstalled several times.
Doesn't matter, because I can't get it to do what I want anyway

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:45 pm

And Music Creator supports VST 2? Because we don't have a VST 3 plugin version yet.

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Also check whether your application is 32 bit or 64 bit. Because as long as the application is not implementing a bridge for plugins, it will most likely only open VST plugins if the binaries are compatible. That is if the application is 32 bit it will usually only open 32 bit VST plugins, and vice versa.