Saving Fantasia Scripts

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Barry McKimm

Saving Fantasia Scripts

Post by Barry McKimm » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:23 am

I am a newcomer to Linux Sampler via Fantasia. I find this an amazing program and a pleasure to use. I am still learning how to use Fantasia, but even with my lack of experience I find unexpected events occur.

Viz.

I am having a problem with saving Fantasia scripts
I have 21 modules/instruments (brass instruments) on Panel 1, and 11 (percussion instruments) on Panel 2
I save into Fantasia Scripts the folder that contains these instruments
Upon re-opening the folder I find one of the brass instruments is now in Panel 2 and one of the percussion instruments is now in Panel 1.

I put each instrument back where I want it and continue working.
When finished I save, as before, into Fantasia scripts, the folder that contains this work.
Upon re-opening the folder I find that that same instruments have transferred, as before, to the panel they were not saved in.

Each time I do this the same instruments are transferred, not just any instrument.

Another small problem is that when I first load the scripts I go into the Database on the right hand side and select an instrument. I am unable to load my selected sample onto the selected instrument unless I first click on Panel 2 at the top of the module rack. Only then can I load onto the module (instrument) the program change I require. This is not a serious problem but it does seem to be an anomalie.

Has anyone else experienced these difficulties?
Do they need attention?

grishata
Developer

Re: Saving Fantasia Scripts

Post by grishata » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Barry McKimm wrote:I am having a problem with saving Fantasia scripts
I have 21 modules/instruments (brass instruments) on Panel 1, and 11 (percussion instruments) on Panel 2
I save into Fantasia Scripts the folder that contains these instruments
Upon re-opening the folder I find one of the brass instruments is now in Panel 2 and one of the percussion instruments is now in Panel 1.
I can't reproduce this bug. Can you provide the script to see whether the bug is when the script is exported or when it's loaded?
Barry McKimm wrote:Another small problem is that when I first load the scripts I go into the Database on the right hand side and select an instrument. I am unable to load my selected sample onto the selected instrument unless I first click on Panel 2 at the top of the module rack. Only then can I load onto the module (instrument) the program change I require. This is not a serious problem but it does seem to be an anomalie.
I can reproduce this one. I'll fix it.
Thanks for the reports!

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Barry McKimm wrote:Another small problem is that when I first load the scripts I go into the Database on the right hand side and select an instrument. I am unable to load my selected sample onto the selected instrument unless I first click on Panel 2 at the top of the module rack. Only then can I load onto the module (instrument) the program change I require. This is not a serious problem but it does seem to be an anomalie.
I just committed a fix for this.

Barry McKimm

Post by Barry McKimm » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:51 am

Hi Grigor. sorry for the delay. I am rebuilding Fantasia now. Thanks for the fix!
I will send you the offending script via email..

best,

barry.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:18 am

Barry McKimm wrote:I will send you the offending script via email..
Thanks. It should be fixed now, but you'll need to re-save the script.

Barry McKimm

Post by Barry McKimm » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:21 am

Grigor,
Thankyou for the corrections. The scripts remain in the right place.
Barry