Installing the New AU MAC plug-in

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
maestro2be

Installing the New AU MAC plug-in

Post by maestro2be » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi all,

I am new to using LinuxSampler. I tried to follow the instructions from the "How To OSX" but they are outdated and do not pertain to the AU version of the sampler.

Can anyone help me install this please. Here is what I have done so far.

1. I have installed the updated Java on my MAC just yesterday so that's all set.

2. I downloaded the newest version of the AU from the link provided by the person who wrote it (I followed his topic in the General Sampler Discussions post on 2-17-09). I also downloaded the newest version of Fantasia from the same directory his link dropped me in.

When I downloaded the AU Plug-in file (component file) it was easy, I simply opened it and put it in the plug-ins folder on my MAC (path also provided on the link from creator) and viola it appeared in my available AU plug in list.

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to get fantasia or jsampler to work with this and I can't find instructions. The Fantasia file that I downloaded opens to a bunch of source code and folders, not an application. So perhaps I am not properly opening that file. This is a recording studio machine, so I don't have many apps on it.

What would be the proper steps to install Fantasia and or Jsampler (not sure which is better, maybe you can tell me) on my MAC?

I am running Leopard with all current updates on a Macbookpro 15-inch, 2GB ram.

Thanks for any help you can give!

grishata
Developer

Re: Installing the New AU MAC plug-in

Post by grishata » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:20 pm

maestro2be wrote:What would be the proper steps to install Fantasia and or Jsampler (not sure which is better, maybe you can tell me) on my MAC?
To install Fantasia, download Fantasia-0.8a_cvs7.app.zip, unzip it, move Fantasia-0.8a_cvs7.app to /Applications folder, then double click to run it.
Also you might want to take a look at the JSampler manual.

maestro2be

Post by maestro2be » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 am

Thanks for responding. I downloaded that version and when I run it, it errors out saying you need 1.6 Java for this and you currently have 1.5 installed. I tried installing the 1.6 update and it says this is for mac 64-bit intel machines only.

Am using a 15inch macbookpro (3 years old). Any other options for me to get this running?

Thanks!

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 pm

You can try QSampler instead of Fantasia.