Fantasia not saving sends?

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Alex

Fantasia not saving sends?

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:56 pm

I'm having a challenge at the moment with sends per channel in Fantasia. (Linux)
I can build them ok, and then save them, without error messages.

but when i close and reopen Fantasia/Linuxsampler, the sends are gone, and i have to redo them.

Is this a feature waiting to happen, or a problem i may have with my setup?

Challenge 2.
When i start linuxsampler backend, then load a template, all goes well.
But if i start Fantasia after that (to edit a template for example), with the template already loaded, linuxsampler crashes, and i get a series of broken pipe messages.

Alex.

grishata
Developer

Re: Fantasia not saving sends?

Post by grishata » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Alex wrote:I'm having a challenge at the moment with sends per channel in Fantasia. (Linux)
I can build them ok, and then save them, without error messages.

but when i close and reopen Fantasia/Linuxsampler, the sends are gone, and i have to redo them.
They work ok for me - they are exported to the lscp file when you save the sampler configuration and also load ok from lscp script. Are you using the latest cvs build of Fantasia?
Alex wrote:When i start linuxsampler backend, then load a template, all goes well.
But if i start Fantasia after that (to edit a template for example), with the template already loaded, linuxsampler crashes, and i get a series of broken pipe messages.
Are you using the latest cvs version of LS, because this might be due to bug #118.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Aaah, ok, i haven't cvs'd for a little while. I'll do that.

Latest Fantasia i have is 0.8a-cvs6.jar, straight from the downloads page.

Alex.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Alex wrote:Latest Fantasia i have is 0.8a-cvs6.jar, straight from the downloads page.
Version 0.8a-cvs6 should work. Can you provide a simple lscp script with fx sends exported using Fantasia, which is not working?

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 pm

I'll do the cvs update for LS first, and see what happens.

Alex.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:56 pm

OK, after a complete update of everything, Fantasia now remembers the sends, which is good.

However, it doesn't seem to remember the send name, or levels set. Each time i reopen Fantasia, all send levels are at their lowest, and i have to reset them.
I'll do some more experimenting on this tomorrow, but we are at least halfway there, so good news.

Alex.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Alex wrote:However, it doesn't seem to remember the send name, or levels set. Each time i reopen Fantasia, all send levels are at their lowest, and i have to reset them.
You are right about the send levels. They were not exported and I just fixed that. But saving the fx sends' names should work.