MIDI port connect failed

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
silentcry

MIDI port connect failed

Post by silentcry » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Hello! So I recently got a midi masterkeyboard and exited as was I plugged into my linux box. Rosegaren and it's plugins just worked out of the box, but I semmingly cannot get linuxsampler to work with it. I'm using an usb-midi interface to connect my keyboard to my computer. Under linux (kubuntu 8.10) and windows xp it seems that linuxsampler cannot recieve any midi input.

In windows the linuxsampler console prints the error message "MIDI port connect failed" and that's it. I just downloaded and installed the official binary of the main site.

Under Linux I have the problem that I can set up everything but midi-input. The strange thing is that I do not get any error message. I compiled the packages myself as described on the main site.

Any help will be much appreciated (I'd really love to try out the maestro grand :) )!

camobrite

Re: MIDI port connect failed

Post by camobrite » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:01 am

Not sure about windows, but have you connected your keyboard to linuxsampler with ALSA MIDI in ubuntu? You can use qjackctl or aconnect to connect the keyboard and Rosegarden's MIDI output to linuxsampler's input.

silentcry

Post by silentcry » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks for your reply :)

I managed to get it working in Ubuntu. After all my keyboard sent via channel 2 whereas LS only listened to Channel 1. Quite stupid user error :) On windows I wasn't successful though... Guess the installer is too outdated.

yogi_loeschner

Post by yogi_loeschner » Mon May 11, 2009 6:44 pm

I have a similar problem. I have two soundcards installed (Creative Audigy and a Delta Audiophile 2496) and LS shows me three midi input drivers (Creative, Audiophile and my USB-Keyboard). However, when I switch to USB-Keyboard (which is shown as USB-Audiogerät (german Windows XP)) it just tells me this:

19:36:59.234 MIDI MME Device 0 lscp_set_midi_port_param: MIDI port connect failed (errno=100)
19:36:59.234 MIDI MME Device 0 Could not set Port 0 parameter value. Sorry.

...any idea how I can solve that issue. Playing with the scripts didn't work for me :(