When will qsampler...

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
count_fuzzball
User

When will qsampler...

Post by count_fuzzball » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:48 pm

When will Qsampler supporting adding instruments to the midimap database by directory?
I have a fair few gig files, and I don't want to have to manually add them in qsampler...

And I don't want to use the java frontend.. I hate java!

dahnielson

Re: When will qsampler...

Post by dahnielson » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:45 pm

count_fuzzball wrote:When will Qsampler supporting adding instruments to the midimap database by directory?
I have a fair few gig files, and I don't want to have to manually add them in qsampler...
I guess the answer is: whenever somebody implements it. As the "Improvements to QSampler" feature only managed to scrape together a single vote during the last five months, and Grishata is very responsive to feature requests for Fantasia, it might take a while if ever.

But You can probably hound Rui about it here:

http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/forum/8
count_fuzzball wrote:And I don't want to use the java frontend.. I hate java!
Well, it's your loss. Fantasia has left QSampler in the dust behind it for a long time now. It's like the hare and turtles bastard love child.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

ccherrett
Advanced User

Re: When will qsampler...

Post by ccherrett » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 pm

count_fuzzball wrote:When will Qsampler supporting adding instruments to the midimap database by directory?

And I don't want to use the java frontend.. I hate java!
I have been developing in Java for many years and always wonder if people who say this stuff know anything about Java beyond early Applets.

You are really missing out if you choose not to use Fantasia.
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org