Can not configure libgig

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
alecjcook

Can not configure libgig

Post by alecjcook » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:24 pm

I have a problem, when I run make for libgig i get the following errors
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1'
Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/doc'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/doc'
Making all in man
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/man'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/man'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/src'
Making all in testcases
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/src/testcases'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/src/testcases'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/src'
if /bin/bash ../libtool --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -pedantic -Wreturn-type -g -O2 -MT RIFF.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/RIFF.Tpo" -c -o RIFF.lo RIFF.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/RIFF.Tpo" ".deps/RIFF.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/RIFF.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -pedantic -Wreturn-type -g -O2 -MT RIFF.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/RIFF.Tpo -c RIFF.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/RIFF.o
RIFF.cpp: In member function 'void RIFF::Chunk::ReadHeader(long unsigned int)':
RIFF.cpp:102: warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t read(int, void*, size_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
RIFF.cpp:103: warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t read(int, void*, size_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
RIFF.cpp: In member function 'void RIFF::Chunk::WriteHeader(long unsigned int)':
RIFF.cpp:154: warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
RIFF.cpp:155: warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
RIFF.cpp: In member function 'virtual long unsigned int RIFF::Chunk::WriteChunk(long unsigned int, long unsigned int)':
RIFF.cpp:891: warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
RIFF.cpp: In member function 'void RIFF::List::MoveSubChunk(RIFF::Chunk*, RIFF::Chunk*)':
RIFF.cpp:1172: error: no matching function for call to 'find(std::_List_iterator<RIFF::Chunk*>, std::_List_iterator<RIFF::Chunk*>, RIFF::Chunk*&)'
RIFF.cpp: In member function 'void RIFF::List::ReadHeader(long unsigned int)':
RIFF.cpp:1229: warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t read(int, void*, size_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
RIFF.cpp: In member function 'void RIFF::List::WriteHeader(long unsigned int)':
RIFF.cpp:1253: warning: ignoring return value of 'ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[3]: *** [RIFF.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/libgig-source/libgig-3.2.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have read the forums and it suggests running:

Code: Select all

make -f Makefile.cvs
although when trying to do this i see the following error
make: Makefile.cvs: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.cvs'. Stop.
Can someone please help

camobrite

Re: Can not configure libgig

Post by camobrite » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:42 am

Did you obtain the source code through the cvs or did you download it from the website? If you didn't use the cvs, there won't be a Makefile.cvs file.

I was getting similar errors until I switched to using the code from the cvs repository, since its the most up-to-date. Try compiling with the source from the cvs and see if you get the same errors.

-B