Linuxsampler unknown dimension

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
count_fuzzball
User

Linuxsampler unknown dimension

Post by count_fuzzball » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:33 am

I recently converted the M-audio Pro sessions Producer orchestra strings from kontakt format to giga for use in linuxsampler/qsampler.

One of the dimensions says 80, but when i look at it by right clicking on the sample note above the keyboard and selecting 'dimensions', gigedit says that it is "Unknown type (0x50)" and that I should report it.

Also, I dunno if this is a problem with the giga conversion or linuxsampler, but when I release a key after playing it, an 'echo' of the note/chord happens, slowly increasing in volume (the attack i'm assuming) and to stop the sound I have to press my sustain pedal down and up. So is it some weird thing relating to a sustain parameter in the giga file?

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using the latest CVS of everything related to linuxsampler

count_fuzzball
User

Re: Linuxsampler unknown dimension

Post by count_fuzzball » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Hm, removing the release trigger in the dimension editor removes the problem.

But, is there any way I can sort of edit splits on the virtual keyboard as a whole? like removing all of the release triggers in one fell swoop?

I have a lot of gig files to go through, and it isn't feasible for me to edit every single key on all of the gig files.