Fantasia: ASIOCreateBuffers failed

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Erikds

Fantasia: ASIOCreateBuffers failed

Post by Erikds » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:08 am

Problem running LinuxSampler on Vista 64 bit PC.
Starting LinuxSampler 0.5.1 (backend) is ok.
Starting JSampler Fantasia 0.8a is ok.
I have a Focusrite Saffire sound card (firewire).
When i want to create an audio device i get the following error:
Creating Audio output device: OutputAudioDeviceASIO: Error: ASIOCreateBuffers failed.
When i try again the error message becomes: Sorry, only one ASIO card at a time can be opened.

This seems to indicate that the audio card is already in use, due to the previous trial to create an audio device.

Midi devices can be created as it should.

Any idea how this problem can be solved?

Thanks in advance for any clue.

Erik.

Erikds

Re: Fantasia: ASIOCreateBuffers failed

Post by Erikds » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:59 am

For those interested in the solution of the above problem, here is what i found out after experimenting:

The error when creating an Audio Device in Fantasia was eliminated by manually placing the correct driver name in the .lscp file.
This allowed me to use the ASIO driver that came with my Focusrite Saffire sound card.

Maybe a bug in Fantasia when used under Vista 64 bit?

All the best,

Erik.

rfteixeira

Post by rfteixeira » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi. Anyone knows where is that .lscp file I have to change? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm very new to LinuxSampler, and I can't get it to work with my ASIO setup. I get the same error as above. Also, I can't find it on the linuxsampler program directory...

Is it the orchestra file I have to change maybe?

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Post by ggoodesa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 am

The .lscp file is created by you when using the Actions -> Export -> Sampler Configuration option from the Menu (or Ctrl + S). You will then be able to browse to wherever you want to store the file on your your computer and save it there. Once saved, you can then edit the .lscp file and then reload it using Actions -> Run Script (Ctrl + O) dialogue. Hope this helps!

GrahamG