Adding Midimaps very slow

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
ccherrett
Advanced User

Adding Midimaps very slow

Post by ccherrett » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:02 am

I am using Fantasia to add my midimaps from the instrument database. I shift + select a range of samples to map at the same time. Everything works fine except it is very very slow to add each sample. Fantasia keeps coming up with a dialog that states "Updating Midi Instruments". Is there anything I can do to speed this up? One of the main problems is that it seems to pull the next sample index after the pause causing you to potentially (I have done a few times) overwrite sample mappings with Bank 1 Program 1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org

dahnielson

Re: Adding Midimaps very slow

Post by dahnielson » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:22 am

I thought it was fixed in the latest version of Fantasia/LinuxSampler (in CVS)?

From here:
If you build large maps you will soon realize that there seems to be some complexity issues relating to the communication between Fantasia and LinuxSampler when adding an instrument take longer and longer time (it seems like Fantasia update after each adding by receiving and rebuilding the whole map). [Update: This is no longer true and have been fixed in both Fantasia and LinuxSampler.] So I prefer to build it in chunks, separating the banks into separate maps and then merge them by hand in a text editor after exporting them. And if you realize you need to reorder banks and programs then doing it manually is currently the only option.
Additional discussion here.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

ccherrett
Advanced User

Re: Adding Midimaps very slow

Post by ccherrett » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:45 am

It seems to have fixed the problem by compiling with the default settings. I was running with max-voices and streams up near 3000. I wonder what was causing this. I guess when I am done with the midi mapping I will look into it further.

Thanks!
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org