Fantasia constantly updating voices......

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Alex

Fantasia constantly updating voices......

Post by Alex » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:39 pm

A quick heads up for Fantasia.
On my miserably underpowered travel laptop, i got LS installed and working no prob. (Ubuntu Hardy PPC on a G4 laptop).

A minor challenge though.

When setting up a template, or changing one, i get a constant stream of "Updating voices" popups. I have to 'dive' in between popups to change or add anything.
If this is normal, is it possible to make this behaviour optional, so a user can build or change anything they like, then hit the magic button, and have Fantasia update. (I'd get more coffee at this point.)

With half a dozen channels, there enough of a gap between the popup events to get most things done fairly quickly, but over that, and as i add more components, the popups appear more often, with an ever greater frenzy.

LS is installed with generic 64 voice settings, and i run my tiny travel library from a usb stick. (Which has proved to be highly successful, once things are cruising along, and i've quit Fantasia, leaving the template and LS engine running in the background.)

Alex

grishata
Developer

Re: Fantasia constantly updating voices......

Post by grishata » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi Alex,
LinuxSampler was sending notification events even when there were no actual stream/voice count changes. I just committed a fix for this. Please try the latest CVS version of LinuxSampler and let me know if this fix solve your problem.

Alex

Re: Fantasia constantly updating voices......

Post by Alex » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:37 pm

That works.. :D

Thanks for the quick fix.

Alex.