JSampler - "No Instruments Database Support"

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
jackbunny

JSampler - "No Instruments Database Support"

Post by jackbunny » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:25 am

I've amazingly got LinuxSampler running and JSampler running as well (amazing because I'm such a newb). However, when I go click on "Show Instruments Database" I get the message "LinuxSampler was not build with instruments database support"

I've searched but I can't find anything about building LinuxSampler with or without this option. Can someone please give me some help? Thanks! :D

dahnielson

Re: JSampler - "No Instruments Database Support"

Post by dahnielson » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:54 pm

You need to have SQLite 3.3 or earlier installed before building LS to get instrument db support.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

jackbunny

Post by jackbunny » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:18 pm

Thanks for the help. I installed SQLite and rebuilt both libgig and linuxsampler with no luck. So then I found the sources for 2.8.17, built and installed, then rebuilt libgig and linuxsampler. Still no luck :\ Do I need gigedit? When I tried to build gigedit I got this message:

Code: Select all

dh_shlibdeps: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
	dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/substvars debian/tmp/usr/bin/gigedit debian/tmp/usr/lib/linuxsampler/plugins/libgigeditlinuxsamplerplugin.so.1.0.0 debian/tmp/usr/lib/gigedit/libgigedit.so.1.0.0
dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: no dependency information found for /usr/local/lib/linuxsampler/liblinuxsampler.so.1 (used by debian/tmp/usr/lib/gigedit/libgigedit.so.1.0.0).
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
I don't feel the need to edit the individual instruments, but I thought it might be a requirement to have instruments database support. ANy more help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:02 pm

No. Gigedit isn't needed for instrument db support.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:33 pm

You should install the development package for sqlite. Usually the name of the package ends with -dev or -devel. For example, on debian it's libsqlite3-dev.