Building from CVS in Ubuntu Studio

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
ggoodesa
Advanced User

Building from CVS in Ubuntu Studio

Post by ggoodesa » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 am

Hi Guys,

I have a problem compiling the CVS version of linuxsampler. I have checked out the latest CVS of libgig and linuxsampler, compiled and installed them both with and without optimizations, but whenever I try load a GIG file in either Qsampler or Fantasia the gui app just bombs. Running linuxsampler from the command line and then running Qsampler didn't reveal anything new... Qsampler just quits and the messages on the console just say that it disconnected from the server.

Comiling and installing the release version seems fine...

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Is there some development library that I'm missing the Configure is not looking for?

Thanks,

GrahamG
Johannesburg, South Africa

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Re: Building from CVS in Ubuntu Studio

Post by ggoodesa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi,

I now have liblscp, gigedit, and qsampler built from CVS and the problem seems to be resolved. It would appear that there are now too many differences between the release version and the CVS versions for them to be compatible. Any idea when a new release version will be put together?

Thanks,

GrahamG

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Post by ggoodesa » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:54 am

Hi,

Building and installing using ./configure, make, make install works perfectly. However, when I try to build DEB packages using dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b,
libgig, liblscp, linuxsampler, and qsampler build fine, BUT gigedit does not.

I get the following error when the build exits:

dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: no dependency information found for /usr/local/lib/linuxsampler/liblinuxsampler.so.1 (used by debian/tmp/usr/lib/gigedit/libgigedit.so.1.0.0).
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Can anyone tell me what to do to get beyond this?

Thanks,

GrahamG
Johannesburg, South Africa

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:50 am

I would post to the linuxsampler dev mailing list at this point :(
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org