JACK device no longer an option in spring 2021 update

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
effia_esi

JACK device no longer an option in spring 2021 update

Post by effia_esi » Sun May 23, 2021 8:17 pm

After updating to the following versions:
libgig10_4.3.0
linuxsampler_2.2.0
gigedit_1.2.0
liblscp6_0.9.3-47.1
qsampler_0.9.3-47.1
(svn revision 3908)

I find that while adding a new device in qsampler, I am no longer given the choice to select the JACK driver. It only gives me the option to use ALSA.

I am running on Debian Buster, building debian packages from the svn source.

I'm not familiar enough with the LinuxSampler ecosystem to know whether this is an issue with Qsampler or LinuxSampler (or one of the libraries). Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have any suggestions where I might start debugging? (Or better yet, have I missed a crucial toggle switch somewhere in the application?)

cuse
Developer

Re: JACK device no longer an option in spring 2021 update

Post by cuse » Sat May 29, 2021 4:29 pm

I assume you built the packages by yourself. Check the configure summary of LinuxSampler. It seems like you built LinuxSampler without JACK support. After "configure" executation completed it always shows you a summary text block on the console of what features and drivers were enabled and whicn not. Maybe the JACK header files are not installed on your system. But the configure output and/or the configure log file might tell more.