Compiling LinuxSampler deb package for ARM (Raspberry PI) VST or other plug-ins are not created.

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Doug_

Compiling LinuxSampler deb package for ARM (Raspberry PI) VST or other plug-ins are not created.

Post by Doug_ » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:00 am

I have successfully generated and installed the deb package for LinuxSampler after applying the required patches for ARM cpu as follows:

Code: Select all

svn co https://https:svn.linuxsampler.org/svn/linuxsampler/trunk linuxsampler
cd linuxsampler
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b
I am currently running with qsampler, similarly compiled and installed as a deb package and working with some good sf2 pianos.

My goal is to use linuxsampler as a vst plug-in in Reaper however the vst plugins were not generated in the build. I see the vst plugin code is in the source tree but I have not been able to find how to have this code compiled into the package.

What am I missing here - I would have expected a flag or some such but so far drawing a blank. Thanks in advance.
Doug

Doug_

Re: Compiling LinuxSampler deb package for ARM (Raspberry PI) VST or other plug-ins are not created.

Post by Doug_ » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 am

So now I’ve RTFM and included the configure option —enable-vstsdk-dir=<directory> in the Debian/rules file. I thought I had my answer but..

Now compilation throws a fatal error when compiling PluginVst.cpp. Its PluginVst.h file contains an #include <audioeffectx.h>. This file does not exist on my system and I have not been able to find a reference to this file in any package.

Is there another component I need to compile to make this work?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

cuse
Developer

Re: Compiling LinuxSampler deb package for ARM (Raspberry PI) VST or other plug-ins are not created.

Post by cuse » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:52 pm

audioeffectx.h is a header file of Steinberg's VST SDK. If you have the VST SDK, then you have this header file.

You usually need to download the VST SDK manually. That's because Steinberg does not permit redistribution of their SDK without their written consent.