No instrument database, Fantasia empty window

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
rooz

No instrument database, Fantasia empty window

Post by rooz » Sun May 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi,

I don't have a instruments database. Instruments DB directory '/var/lib/linuxsampler' does not exist!

When trying to make one in Fantasia, I can't browse my harddisk. Select directory gives a empty window.

When I add a folder, I don't get a option to give it a name. Nothing happens actually.

When I add a instrument and fill in a folder for the database myself manually, it gives a message: failed!

Debian testing, recent svn build.

rooz

Re: No instrument database, Fantasia empty window

Post by rooz » Mon May 18, 2020 9:37 am

I was a able to create one via this command (for linux)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3809

The only problem I've now, is that is takes linuxsampler a very long time to update the database. Is that normal? I just kill linuxsampler now and restart Fantasia and the database update is there.

cuse
Developer

Re: No instrument database, Fantasia empty window

Post by cuse » Tue May 19, 2020 3:54 pm

A vague question ends in a vague response. ;-) It depends on how large your sound libraries are of course. Essentially every single file below your sound library directory is loaded to retrieve the details of each sound for the DB.

I am personally not using the instruments DB featue, I only fix DB issues once in a while, so I cannot give you concrete numbers.