LinuxSampler OSX midi not working

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Greg

LinuxSampler OSX midi not working

Post by Greg » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Hey guys, anyone have any ideas, I just downloaded and installed the latest versions of LinuxSampler OSX, JackOSX and Pete Yandell's MIDI Patchbay
I don't know if it's a bug or if I've screwed it up somehow...
In The Setup Channel pane
Engine: GIG
Filename: browses to .gig file ok
Instrument: (No instrument) - only choice
Type: COREMIDI Port: only allows O, can't edit the number Channel: choices from 1-16, all
Device: New Midi device (default) or MIDI COREMIDI Device 0 (the one I set up in Device pane)
Map: 0-Chromatic
Audio/Output
Type: Jack
Device: Audio JACK Device 0
Sampler channel 0->Audio JACK 0
Sampler channel 1->Audio JACK

This what I get no matter what settings I use:
15:19:37.319 Channel 0 Some channel settings could not be set. Sorry.
15:19:37.429 Channel 0 lscp_get_midi_device_info: DRIVER (errno=0)
and onetime when changing the .gig file
15:07:45.484 Channel 0 lscp_edit_channel_instrument: There is no instrument editor capable to handle this instrument (errno=100)
15:07:45.499 Channel 0 Could not launch an appropriate instrument editor for the given instrument! Make sure you have an appropriate instrument editor like 'gigedit' installed and that it placed its mandatory DLL file into the sampler's plugin directory.

Also not hearing any audio when I send midi to correct port/channel

I use MolCP3 and can see MIDI monitor light up on appropriate ports, so I know midi is active to MIDI Patch Bay, which I believe is set up to route to LinuxSampler correctly

Thanks for your help,
Greg