libsndfile or libaudiofile to compile libgig

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
dallas_sean_williams

libsndfile or libaudiofile to compile libgig

Post by dallas_sean_williams » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:04 am

Hello :) my computer is:
p3 500
i686
RME DIGI 96/8 PAD (soundcard)
Debian (only got given one linux installation dvd, (I purchased the full 3 pack of Ebay and it hasn't arrived yet)
No GUI, just Bash (learning)

When I ./configure in the libgig folder Bash says: "Sorry you need either libsndfile or libaudiofile to compile libgig. This is needed for the gigextract utility to write audio files".
:?
I downloaded libsndfile and did the ./configure. Libsndfile seemd to install with no problems.
*next I tried libgig ./configure again but It still didn't see libsndfile or libaudiofle

Then I downloaded libaudiofile. (But I don't know what to do with it, theres no ./configure?
*So I copied the libaudio's lib folder contents to the /lib root directory. libgig ./configure didn't see it.
*So I copied the libaudio's lib folder contents to the /home/audio/ls/libgig directory. libgig ./configure didn't see it.
*Then I installed the latest ALSA components most of the ./configure say: "libasound not found"

I can't find anything in the text files or on the internet. Can somebody please tell me what I should do? :)