gigedit compile on debian with latest glib

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
jameswm

gigedit compile on debian with latest glib

Post by jameswm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi,
I'm having problems compiling gigedit on debian etch.
Here's what happens:

Code: Select all

james@Scrapyard:/usr/local/src/audio/linux_sampler/gigedit-0.1.1$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/audio/linux_sampler/gigedit-0.1.1'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/audio/linux_sampler/gigedit-0.1.1/src'
Making all in gigedit
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/audio/linux_sampler/gigedit-0.1.1/src/gigedit'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g -O2   -o gigedit main.o ../../src/gigedit/libgigedit.la 
g++ -g -O2 -o .libs/gigedit main.o  ../../src/gigedit/.libs/libgigedit.so -L/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/libgtkmm-2.4.so /usr/lib/libgdkmm-2.4.so /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so -lXext -lXinerama -lXi -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXfixes /usr/lib/libatkmm-1.6.so /usr/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libpangomm-1.4.so /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libglibmm-2.4.so /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/lib/libsigc-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so /usr/local/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so /usr/local/lib/libpango-1.0.so /usr/lib/libcairo.so /usr/lib/libfreetype.so -lz -lfontconfig -lpng12 -lXrender -lX11 /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so -ldl /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so -lpthread -lrt /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libgig.so -luuid /usr/local/lib/libsndfile.so  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib/gigedit
/usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so: undefined reference to `g_thread_gettime'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [gigedit] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/audio/linux_sampler/gigedit-0.1.1/src/gigedit'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/audio/linux_sampler/gigedit-0.1.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/audio/linux_sampler/gigedit-0.1.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Using glib-2.16.1. I'll try the packages, but would rather do it this way if possible. Any ideas?

cuse
Developer

Re: gigedit compile on debian with latest glib

Post by cuse » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:47 pm

Uhm... looking at the libraries it tries to link, why is it heavily linking against libraries under /usr/local? I thought you're using Debian Etch. Am I right that you compiled a lot of these libraries yourself, the classical "make ; make install" way?

jameswm

Post by jameswm » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Am I right that you compiled a lot of these libraries yourself, the classical "make ; make install" way?
Yes, a stable base system with up to date audio sofware compiled for it... Atleast that's been the plan.

Am gonna try packages because I really want to use this thing.
-----------
Have just noticed it's trying to link against two different versions of libglib-2. That's not going to be good right?
Please don't waste your time on this :)

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Yeah, looking at your output it seems you really have a quite messy system. :) I'm sure if you use official debian-related packages and / or recook some of those debs - but actually really as .debs - then it will work.

Mixing "make && make install" stuff into a Debian system is never a good idea.