An open-source DSP brain trust?

Everything and anything, but nothing about the LinuxSampler project.
Consul

An open-source DSP brain trust?

Post by Consul » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:18 pm

How would anyone feel about a community-oriented all-open-source DSP site? Music-DSP is fine for the basics and a few interesting problems, but that mailing list gets very un-cooperative when you start asking about things that they do for commercial software makers (like circuit modeling). So I'm imagining a brain trust that is completely open, that is not just a repository for code and equations, but a collaborative environment for people to help each other tackle tougher and more interesting problems. My recent adventures with modeling non-linear responses of circuits would be a good example, something I was specifically told on Music-DSP I would not get any help for there.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Darren Landrum

dahnielson

Re: An open-source DSP brain trust?

Post by dahnielson » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Wouldn't LAD (Linux Audio Developers) be a good foundation to build such a brain trust upon?
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

Consul

Re: An open-source DSP brain trust?

Post by Consul » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:56 pm

That would definitely be the first place I'd go with the idea, once it's more fleshed out. Plus, I have zero money, so I'll need to find hosting somehow. This is just something I've been thinking about for some time, and finally decided to take public to you, my focus group. :mrgreen: ;)
Darren Landrum