Tutorial Video in German Speech

You name it!
Octron
User

Tutorial Video in German Speech

Post by Octron » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi, I've just finished a turorial Video in German Speech for installing Linuxsampler on a Win XP32bit system and integrate it into Reaper 3.75.
Please spread this news over the Internet in different newsgroups.
Best Regards, Markus

Hallo, ich habe grade ein Tutorial Video für den Linuxsampler in deutscher Sprache fertiggestellt, welches auf Installation und Integration in Reaper 3.75 detailliert eingeht.
Viel Spaß, Markus

Link: http://www.youtube.com/fiedleraudio
---------------
Windows XP SP2, 4GB (3,5GB) RAM, Phenom X4, Linuxsampler, Reaper, Sonar

Alex

Re: Tutorial Video in German Speech

Post by Alex » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:05 am

Octron,

Thanks for your contribution.

Alex.

Octron
User

Post by Octron » Mon May 02, 2011 11:03 pm

I'll do what I can do to promote the Linuxsampler! :-)
And as a customer of Gigasampler (Gigastudio 3) there is one big Question for me:
"Why the hell did I spend 340,- Euros for a buggy Software that is not running on dual Core CPUs and why the f**** didn't I knew anything about the linuxsampler project?"

Best Regards, Markus
---------------

browny_amiga

Post by browny_amiga » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks for doing that. I am always surprised how little people know about linuxsampler. I also had gigastudio before and I got sick and tired of it, with all its endless limitations, having to buy a special soundcard just for that, the encryption layer (DRM) that was bugging me every fourth run and not being able to run it on any system that I wanted. And now Gigastudio got sold again (with the owner) and finally terminated. It is a typical story why I don't like proprietary software, as you are a playball of corporate politics and strategies, where stuff just gets sold and then shelved, and then finally canceled. There is no forking if something goes wrong and the original creators sit on their hand and do nothing anymore (or get fired by the company that just bought that other company) For how expensive the software is, I expect a lot more.
Linuxsampler is wonderful in its flexibility there.

Octron
User

Post by Octron » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Browny-amiga,

you are telling my thoughts! :-) Gigastudio started as a very good system, it has a better performance than any of the other commercial products like "Kontakt". Maybe Gigastudio was too good to stay on the market. And we should tell anyone out there that the Linuxsampler is ready for competition and can take the place, Gigastudio once had. :-D

Best Regards!
---------------

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Well, I don't know the official reason why GigaStudio was discontinued. But as far as I heard it, the GigaStudio code base became too messy and too buggy. So probably Tascam pulled the emergency trigger line. The code base and trademarks of GigaStudio were sold to Garritan, however they just extracted the Gigapulse effect for their own sampler engine, but never became happy with the rest of GigaStudio's code. Even replacing the "Tascam" logos and names and recompiling GigaStudio as product (as is) under the Garritan brand was too complicated and too much work. So they never did it. Probably Garritan underestimated the efforts and the amount of information one needs to actually be able to compile a huge project like GigaStudio.

We have been in touch with Garritan in the past, we discussed whether there would be any oportunity regarding a collaboration to keep the GigaSampler/GigaStudio format alive. I.e. Gary Garritan offered us the usage of the GigaSampler/GigaStudio brand. However we never really found something that would make sense for both sides.

Now Garritan sold his company (and with it the rights on GigaStudio) and I have no contact with him anymore.

Pit-PB

Post by Pit-PB » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:26 am

cuse wrote:Well, I don't know the official reason why GigaStudio was discontinued. But as far as I heard it, the GigaStudio code base became too messy and too buggy. So probably Tascam pulled the emergency trigger line. The code base and trademarks of GigaStudio were sold to Garritan, however they just extracted the Gigapulse effect for their own sampler engine, but never became happy with the rest of GigaStudio's code. Even replacing the "Tascam" logos and names and recompiling GigaStudio as product (as is) under the Garritan brand was too complicated and too much work. So they never did it. Probably Garritan underestimated the efforts and the amount of information one needs to actually be able to compile a huge project like GigaStudio.

We have been in touch with Garritan in the past, we discussed whether there would be any oportunity regarding a collaboration to keep the GigaSampler/GigaStudio format alive. I.e. Gary Garritan offered us the usage of the GigaSampler/GigaStudio brand. However we never really found something that would make sense for both sides.

Now Garritan sold his company (and with it the rights on GigaStudio) and I have no contact with him anymore.
What about the new libraries in Gigaastudio-Format? Sure they have to be encrypted. Why? In my case my new SOS-2 Library (Symphonic Organ Samples: Notre-Dame de Laeken, Brussels 9,7 GB) could be found 18 h after the release in uncrypted format on different hubs. This was a major TASCAM-Failure. SOS-1 (La madeleine, Paris) had been encrypted by David Govett and was working for nearly 10 years and the library is still worth to be played.
Meanwhile i sampled other outstanding instruments and want to sell them, but sure in an encrypted form.
Yes i know, that every 5 year old boy today can controle the orbit of Jupiter with his iPad(R) but i have to ask this very seriously.
Thanks for any advice!
Peter