Larger than 2gb, help

You name it!
rytmenpinne

Re: Larger than 2gb, help

Post by rytmenpinne » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:18 am

Andreas wrote:
rytmenpinne wrote:I've looked into it and I've decided to go for sfz. Wich opcodes are supported atm?
These are the ones that I know of (there are probably a few more that works):

sample lochan hichan lokey hikey key lovel hivel loccN hiccN lobend hibend lochanaft hichanaft lorand hirand seq_length seq_position sw_previous trigger group off_by off_mode volume ampeg_start ampeg_attack ampeg_decay ampeg_sustain ampeg_release amp_veltrack amp_velcurve_N rt_decay octave_offset note_offset

Also the v2 EG opcodes are implemented, but they only work for amplitude.
And how do I load an sfz file?
You first choose the SFZ engine, and then just load the .sfz file just as you do with a gig file. Note that there's a bug that won't let you change to the sfz engine if you previously have connected the channel to devices: http://bb.linuxsampler.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=468.
Gigedit it seriously pissing me off atm, it has showed of numerous odd behaviours today.
It's obviously a bit late now, but I wonder if you could possibly send me some instructions on how to reproduce these bugs?
That's the odd part, I don't think I did something unusual, just added all region dimension, loaded the samples, saved and wierd things started to happen.

Where do I do that? only GIG engine shows up in jsampler. And qsampler is getting segmention fault at startup

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:21 am

only GIG engine shows up in jsampler.
Are you running the latest CVS version of linuxsampler? The release version (1.0.0) doesn't have the SFZ engine, so you'll have to use the CVS version.

rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 pm

I do now, and it works..

I found this handy editor called sfzed, it's for windows, but works like a charm in wine, however, I don't like how it lays out the .sfz file. Row change after every opcode, small files might be more readable but larger ones aren't.

I wonder if one could make some kind of clever calc spreadsheet. I'm not very good with that app but I shall try.

rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:40 pm

while you "wait", please enjoy this picture of my keypressing device that I invented and used to ensure even veolocity across the whole range. It's funny what you can accomplishe with a litle bit of drumhardware :)

rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Does anyone know how to use the on_locc64 opcode correctly?

I'm trying to trigger pedal down and up samples but I can't seem to get it working..

rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne » Sat May 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Ok, after a day of research and lots of grunting, I can now say that either on_lo(hi)CC# isn't working properly or it's lo(hi)key that doesn't read a -1 value. The Cakewalk DevXchange page nowhere says it can, but it seems like it can. I found a good sfz documention page: http://www.drealm.info/sfz/plj-sfz.xhtml#triggernote Where it says that you _must_ disable note-on messages for triggering samples with CC messages. And you do this by doing hikey=-1 lokey=-1

I've got it sort of confirmed cause I ran the free rgc:audio sfz player with dssi-vst and there everything worked..

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sun May 02, 2010 9:11 am

Sorry, on_locc opcodes are not yet supported in LS.

rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne » Sun May 02, 2010 9:26 am

ah, ok.. is it hard to implement? :)