Feature suggestion for Fantasia

You name it!
typewriter
Advanced User

Feature suggestion for Fantasia

Post by typewriter » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:09 am

I am currently building a huge orchestra tempale with LS VSTi 64 on the vienna ensemble pro host.

I seems to work pretty well so far. I have a suggestion for Fantasia that would be helpfull.

Right now you can't really "see" the routing of the LS tracks/slots in the main Interface of fantasia. You have to click options and cr first to actually know where your audio is going. It would be very helpfull to either see the routing in the main interface - maybe in the display area or to have the option to name a track/slot.

Alex

Re: Feature suggestion for Fantasia

Post by Alex » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:14 am

typewriter wrote:I am currently building a huge orchestra tempale with LS VSTi 64 on the vienna ensemble pro host.

I seems to work pretty well so far. I have a suggestion for Fantasia that would be helpfull.

Right now you can't really "see" the routing of the LS tracks/slots in the main Interface of fantasia. You have to click options and cr first to actually know where your audio is going. It would be very helpfull to either see the routing in the main interface - maybe in the display area or to have the option to name a track/slot.
If you're talking about a patchbay, possibly as a "tab" window, then it could be good thing.

In the meantime, take a look at Patchage for a wysiwyg patch editor.

Alex.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:06 am

Alex wrote:
typewriter wrote: Right now you can't really "see" the routing of the LS tracks/slots in the main Interface of fantasia. You have to click options and cr first to actually know where your audio is going. It would be very helpfull to either see the routing in the main interface - maybe in the display area or to have the option to name a track/slot.
If you're talking about a patchbay, possibly as a "tab" window, then it could be good thing.
I'll implement it. In fact, I'm already working on it :)

ccherrett
Advanced User

Post by ccherrett » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 pm

At this point my setup is static, but if I make a change to my very large template, routing is nasty. I would love to see some way to easily route in fantasia.
Christopher Cherrett
Founder of The Open Octave Project
http://www.openoctave.org

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 pm

grishata wrote:
Great!

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:49 am

grishata wrote:
Alex wrote:
typewriter wrote: Right now you can't really "see" the routing of the LS tracks/slots in the main Interface of fantasia. You have to click options and cr first to actually know where your audio is going. It would be very helpfull to either see the routing in the main interface - maybe in the display area or to have the option to name a track/slot.
Grigor,
Please remember some of us "maniacs" are building very large templates,with a lot of channels and ports, so the means to easily navigate around a lot of mixer strips/patchbay would be very useful.

Alex.