Failing to compile RTMath.cpp on ARM with the RasPi patch.

You name it!
Eirikur

Failing to compile RTMath.cpp on ARM with the RasPi patch.

Post by Eirikur » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:19 am

This used to work. I haven't tried to build on ARM in a while. My build effort was on an Odroid XU4, which is lot more powerful than a Raspberry Pi, but should be roughly compatible modulo the 64 bits vs. 32 bits.
The maker says: * Samsung Exynos5422 Cortex™-A15 2Ghz and Cortex™-A7 Octa core CPUs. I checked the code out of SVN, so this should be head and it has a hard-coded list of machine types with inline assembly code. As a former DECie, I appreciate seeing Alpha in there, but I can't compile because I'm on ARM.

This is the system I'm on:
eh@red:~$ uname -a
Linux red 4.14.55-146 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 11 22:31:01 -03 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

This is what happens:

libtool: compile: arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -Wreturn-type -ffast-math -g -O2 -pthread -MT RTMath.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/RTMath.Tpo -c RTMath.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/RTMath.o
RTMath.cpp:77:8: error: #error "Sorry, LinuxSampler lacks time stamp code for your system."
# error "Sorry, LinuxSampler lacks time stamp code for your system."
^~~~~
RTMath.cpp:78:8: error: #error "Please report this error and the CPU you are using to the LinuxSampler developers mailing list!"
# error "Please report this error and the CPU you are using to the LinuxSampler developers mailing list!"
^~~~~
In file included from RTMath.h:29:0,
from RTMath.cpp:24:
global_private.h:95:40: warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11 [-Wdeprecated]
inline int ToInt(const std::string& s) throw(LinuxSampler::Exception) {
^~~~~
global_private.h:102:44: warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11 [-Wdeprecated]
inline float ToFloat(const std::string& s) throw(LinuxSampler::Exception) {
^~~~~
RTMath.cpp: In static member function 'static RTMathBase::time_stamp_t RTMathBase::CreateTimeStamp()':
RTMath.cpp:80:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
}
^
Makefile:536: recipe for target 'RTMath.lo' failed

I wish I knew the ARM assembly to just supply the code for you.

Eirikur