Windows beta pre-release (incl. VST and 64 bit binaries)

You name it!
Andreas
Developer

Re: Windows beta pre-release (incl. VST and 64 bit binaries)

Post by Andreas » Sat May 30, 2009 8:22 am

Bennett wrote:I can confirm that FL Studio opens 4 instances of Linuxsampler when it is initially loaded into FL Studio. Thereafter every time I access the plugin wrapper, another instance of Linuxsampler loads.
I have tried the FL Studio 8 demo now, and I also noticed that a new Fantasia window is opened too often. I have made a fix for that, that I will commit soon to CVS.

That a new instance of Linuxsampler VSTi is loaded everytime you add a channel with it, is probably the way FL Studio is supposed to work. If you want to use one LS instance for several channels, you should instead choose "MIDI Out" for the other channels and select the same "MIDI port number" for these channels as the LS channel is using.

Bennett

Post by Bennett » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Andreas wrote:That a new instance of Linuxsampler VSTi is loaded everytime you add a channel with it, is probably the way FL Studio is supposed to work. If you want to use one LS instance for several channels, you should instead choose "MIDI Out" for the other channels and select the same "MIDI port number" for these channels as the LS channel is using.
Yes you are correct that every Channel in FL Studio is another instance of a particular VSTi, however, the behavior with Linuxsampler in a channel differs a bit.

1) Load an instance of Linuxsampler into a channel. Four Fantasia instances will load.
2) Load some instruments into Linuxsampler.
3) Go back to FL Studio and click on the previously loaded Linuxsampler Channel. Another Fantasia instance will load.

This may or may not happen with the official 8.0.2 release as I am using the 8.5 beta 3 (soon to be beta 4), but I believe it should be the same.

Thank you!

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Bennett wrote:Yes you are correct that every Channel in FL Studio is another instance of a particular VSTi, however, the behavior with Linuxsampler in a channel differs a bit.

1) Load an instance of Linuxsampler into a channel. Four Fantasia instances will load.
2) Load some instruments into Linuxsampler.
3) Go back to FL Studio and click on the previously loaded Linuxsampler Channel. Another Fantasia instance will load.
Yes, I know, this problem was the one I fixed. Now the fix is even committed to CVS!

Bungle

Post by Bungle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Anybody got this working with Reaper v3 or v301 ?
Nobody i know can and that includes the dev of Reaper

Is there something specific that needs to be done to get it working in Reaper ?

So far i have tested in
eXT 1.4
eXT 2
Tracktion 2
Renoise 2.1

Seems to be working fine in all those so far

Cheers
Bungle

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:30 am

Bungle wrote:Anybody got this working with Reaper v3 or v301 ?
Yes, I have run it in Reaper v3, 32 bit. I didn't have to do anything special, it just worked.

Bungle

Post by Bungle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:15 pm

How strange
In v301 it doesnt work whatsoever
Nobody can get it to run including the devs of Reaper hmmm

Bungle

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Now I have tested LS VST in Reaper 3.01 too, on both win32 and win64. No problems at all.

(Yes, one minor one on win64: Reaper for some reason chose "Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VstPlugins" as its plugin dir. LS chooses "Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins". After I changed the Reaper directory, it found LS and everything seems OK.)

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 pm

We have a new Windows pre-release in place:

http://download.linuxsampler.org/dev/wi ... _setup.exe

This Windows version now provides instruments database support, includes performance optimizations for FX sends and a bunch of fixes. The VST plugin now provides 32 channels. We don't see a reason (as suggested) to provide additional VST versions with less channels, since the "waste" of resources are marginal. I hope the reported issues are fixed now. Consider this as final release candidate, so please report any remaining issues. If there are no outstanding issues, I hope we can finally throw out an official release of LS and co within the next weeks.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:23 am

Test with Reaper 64 bit and 32 bit on same machine.

It looks like the plugin installs only one plugin 32bit or 64bit. Only Reaper 64bit works in the 32bit Reaper the plugin is not found.

Fantasia does not open within Reaper 64.

sbenno
Developer

Post by sbenno » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:06 am

Hi typewriter, thanks for your feedback:

currently on 64bit Windows only the 64bit VST is installed. So this behaviour is expected. (option to install both 32bit and 64bit VST on Windows 64 should be added in the final installer)

about Fantasia not coming up in 64bit mode:
Do you get some kind of error message ?
Can you start Fantasia manually from the start menu ? does it start correctly ?

Andreas: does Fantasia do work on your Windows 64 ?