LinuxSampler AU plugin

You name it!
typewriter
Advanced User

Re: LinuxSampler AU plugin

Post by typewriter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Saving Linuxsamper Settings does not work yet in Reaper even with the newest version (Reaper osx, beta 2).
Loading midi maps crashes Reaper. Ableton Live 7 crashes, too.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:51 pm

grishata wrote: I guess there is no support for preserving (saving/restoring) the AU plugin state in Reaper.
Well, I tested a bit with Reaper 3 beta and it seems that Reaper actually does save plugin settings. I tried it with Battery 3 AUi and it perfectly remembered which drumset was loaded. However it does not recall the instrument loaded in linuxsampler. Too bad. If people want to try for themselves, here is the link to the latest betas: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=22836

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:51 am

I've tested the AU plugin now with reaper 3 Beta 5. It is still not possible to save the plugin state in a song. I hope this will work with the final release.

Since it is sooooo quite in this forum I guess we will see the official release of the all new linuxsampler anytime soon :)

You guys will propably be the first to deliver a 64 bit sampler plugin. :)

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Wed May 20, 2009 6:20 am

Any new progress with the AU version of LS?

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:11 am

I have a couple of questions regarding the now released AU plugin.

- The VST version has 16 stereo outs. When I open LS AU in Logic I get the options Mono, Stereo, 5.1 - no 16 outs. Is it intended to open several stereo instances?

- Fantasia is not started automatically. Intended?

- I get an error regarding the instrument database. As I recall I have an option to create one in the Win version. How can I do that on osx?

- LS AU does not work within Native Instruments Kore 2. This would be an option to run LS (wrapped in Kore 2) in Protools.

- I had some crackling in LS within Logic with a single stereo instance.

Otherwise everything is working very good :)

Update: Inserting 12 Instances of LS in Logic results in "Not enough RAM" and shutdown of Logic. Inserting the same amount of instances in Reaper crashes Reaper.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:27 pm

typewriter wrote: - The VST version has 16 stereo outs. When I open LS AU in Logic I get the options Mono, Stereo, 5.1 - no 16 outs. Is it intended to open several stereo instances?
AU plugins can support variable number of outs, this is also the case with LS AU. It doesn't open several stereo instances, these are just options.
typewriter wrote: - Fantasia is not started automatically. Intended?
No, just not implemented, yet :)
typewriter wrote: - I get an error regarding the instrument database. As I recall I have an option to create one in the Win version. How can I do that on osx?
If the database file is missing or corrupted, you can format the database using fantasia - choose Window/Instruments Database and in the Instruments Database window choose Actions/Format Database.

To create a new database file in terminal:

Code: Select all

/Applications/LinuxSampler/linuxsampler --create-instruments-db "db-name.db"

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:38 pm

grishata wrote:
typewriter wrote: - The VST version has 16 stereo outs. When I open LS AU in Logic I get the options Mono, Stereo, 5.1 - no 16 outs. Is it intended to open several stereo instances?
AU plugins can support variable number of outs, this is also the case with LS AU. It doesn't open several stereo instances, these are just options.
I tried vienna ensemble pro 64 as 64 bit host and while LS starts as 64 bit plugin :) I couldn't get more than 1 stereo out.
When the plugin is inserted I can choose between 1 or 16 (stereo) outs. But when I open up Fantasia after choosing 16 channels, then Fantasia shows 16 panels in the rack, but the audio interface on the right hand side shows only 1 stereo out.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:08 pm

typewriter wrote: I tried vienna ensemble pro 64 as 64 bit host and while LS starts as 64 bit plugin :) I couldn't get more than 1 stereo out.
When the plugin is inserted I can choose between 1 or 16 (stereo) outs. But when I open up Fantasia after choosing 16 channels, then Fantasia shows 16 panels in the rack, but the audio interface on the right hand side shows only 1 stereo out.
If you are talking about the two factory presets, it means sampler channels, not audio channels.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 pm

grishata wrote:If you are talking about the two factory presets, it means sampler channels, not audio channels.
I see. But how can I get more than one stereo out? The plugin does not alow to insert additional audio-interfaces. And I also can't raise the number of audio channels in the one existing interface. So how can I achieve that?

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:34 pm

typewriter wrote: I see. But how can I get more than one stereo out? The plugin does not alow to insert additional audio-interfaces. And I also can't raise the number of audio channels in the one existing interface. So how can I achieve that?
The number of audio devices is increased when creating new (software instrument) track in the host app and assigning LS AU to it.