ARM OMAP3 Beagleboard port

You name it!
sweetlilmre

ARM OMAP3 Beagleboard port

Post by sweetlilmre » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi,

I am attempting to compile /port LinuxSampler onto the BeagleBoard (http://beagleboard.org).
So far I have all dependencies compiled, and have now run into the RTMathBase::CreateTimeStamp() platform specific stuff.

Has any work been done on an ARM port before? Or does anyone have any pointers as to how I could go about implementing this functionality for ARM?

Thanks
-(e)

sweetlilmre

Re: ARM OMAP3 Beagleboard port

Post by sweetlilmre » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi,

I have managed to get QSampler and all deps (libgig, liblscp and linuxsampler) compiled and packaged for the BeagleBoard.
To fix the RTMath issue I used an non optimal gettimeofday call for microsecond resolution.
I have yet to test this and will see if anyone in the BeagleBoard community can assist.

Hopefully the 'poor man's hardware sampler' project will still come to fruition! :)
-(e)

sbenno
Developer

Post by sbenno » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:16 am

kudos :)
be sure to post some polyphony benchmarks, would be interesting :)

sweetlilmre

Post by sweetlilmre » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:26 pm

sbenno wrote:kudos :)
be sure to post some polyphony benchmarks, would be interesting :)
Will do.

Its still going to be a while before I can really test (there are sound issues with the kernel that are being resolved and I am off work with the 'flu at the mo!)
I also need to get a Linux friendly USB<->Midi adapter, the drivers built for it etc.
So a long haul, but I am up for it :)
-(e)

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:45 pm

sweetlilmre wrote:I also need to get a Linux friendly USB<->Midi adapter, the drivers built for it etc.
Most USB-MIDI adapters are (or should be) class compatible and work without any special driver for the device. All my USB interfaces/controlers (Roland/Edirol UM-1, ESI MIDI Mate and M-AUDIO Axiom) work without problem with the same basic class compatible driver.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

sweetlilmre

Post by sweetlilmre » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the info! I'll pop off to the local music store tomorrow and see if I can find one.
-(e)