Sound chopped after key release with Piano 162 samples

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
mmbugaj

Sound chopped after key release with Piano 162 samples

Post by mmbugaj » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:07 am

I tried to use Piano 162 samples in SFZ format with qsampler from ubuntu 16.04. When using these samples with Sforzando on Windows the feel of playing is very smooth. However if the same samples are loaded by qsampler the key release causes the sound to be immediately stopped which feels very awkward. Could it be a configuration issue or bug in SFZ handling?

mmbugaj

Re: Sound chopped after key release with Piano 162 samples

Post by mmbugaj » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:51 pm

LSCPServer: Client connection established on socket:4.
LSCPServer: Client connection established on socket:5.
Thread: WARNING, can't assign realtime scheduling to thread!
Thread: WARNING, can't assign realtime scheduling to thread!
Starting disk thread...OK
EQ support: no
Scheduling '/mnt/shared/Ivy Audio - Piano in 162 sfz/IvyAudio-PianoIn162-Ambient.sfz' (Index=0) to be loaded in background (if not loaded yet).
Loading sfz file '/mnt/shared/Ivy Audio - Piano in 162 sfz/IvyAudio-PianoIn162-Ambient.sfz'...The opcode '<group>ampeg_release' is unsupported by libsfz!
OK
Loading sfz instrument ('/mnt/shared/Ivy Audio - Piano in 162 sfz/IvyAudio-PianoIn162-Ambient.sfz',0)...OK
Caching initial samples...OK
Ok, I can see the ampeg_release handling in the lastest version from svn. I will try to recompile, check and come back then.

mmbugaj

Post by mmbugaj » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:46 pm

OK, in new version there is no problem with key release. However when playing I hear silent cracking sound times to times. It is definitely kind of an artifact.

mmbugaj

Post by mmbugaj » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Do you know what could be a cause of that cracking sound? No, there is no problem with real time scheduling, and platform is quite decent (i7 laptop model with plenty of ram). All samples are in 24 bit, 44.1 khz FLAC format. The cracking sound makes it impossible to use linuxsampler.

mmbugaj

Post by mmbugaj » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 am

Problem solved. I used external audio interface and set the sampling rate on alsa to match sampling rate of the samples.