List of wine/wineasio music applications

Everything and anything, but nothing about the LinuxSampler project.
dahnielson

List of wine/wineasio music applications

Post by dahnielson » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 pm

Things that work

Chicken Systems Translator
Chicken Systems Translator convert instrument between different sample formats with varying result. Commercial software with functional demo (will convert most stuff).

Extreme Sample Converter
By some regarded as better than Translator above. Commercial software with crippled demo (the demo insert some noise in converted samples).

Kontakt 3
Kontakt 3 works well. There's a demo to try out. Commercial.

Kontakt Player
Both the original Kontakt Player and it's sequel works well (used by GPO, EWQL and other libraries). Commercial.

Melodyne
Melodyne appears to work while the playback is a little bit unstable causing xruns. I've only tested the Melodyne UNO product demo.

REAPER
An uncrippled, unexpiring shareware DAW. I have not yet worked out how REAPER can be an anagram for Alex Stone. (- Notlob?)

VSTHost
A tiny demo from 2002 that now has grown quite mature. If you just need to run VST and VSTi using wineasio then this is probably what you are looking for. Freeware.

Stuff that don't

GigaStudio
Reportedly not. (- Mwhahahah!!)
Last edited by dahnielson on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

Alex

Re: List of wine/wineasio music applications

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:05 pm

Nice work Anders.
I can't add much to this, as i'm using Wine for Reaper, and that's about it.

Alex.

TChris

Post by TChris » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:44 am

Hello,

Others things that work:
  • Kore 2 Player
  • DSL Brass VST trought VSHHost
Chris

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Post by ggoodesa » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:45 am

I also have Hauptwerk 32bit Free Edition working well with Wine/Wineasio (Virtual Organ Software). The Basic and Advanced Editions need an Alladin HSDP dongle license to run and it seems that Alladin put out a linux/wine driver for Ubuntu 8.04 - but I have not got it working (yet) as I'm running 9.10 and just have not had time to experiment further. The windows version of GrandOrgue also works well, but as there is a native Linux version I run that straight into Jack :)

GrahamG