Joining individual gig files together?

You name it!
count_fuzzball
User

Joining individual gig files together?

Post by count_fuzzball » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Are there any tools out there for joining individual gig files together?

I have a number of gig files that have various parameters assigned to them (modwheel cross fades/release samples) and I want to preserve these without having to reprogram them all over again.

So are there any tools that can non destructively join numerous gig files together?

typewriter
Advanced User

Re: Joining individual gig files together?

Post by typewriter » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:22 am

I am not sure what exactly you mean with joining, but there is a sampleplayer named Samplelord that can combine several gigs to a so called collection. A collection is created with a simple textfile stating name and location of the gig files.

count_fuzzball
User

Post by count_fuzzball » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:12 pm

I should be more clear:

Say I have a gig file named Bourdon 8.gig that has got modwheel crossfades and release samples and I want to combine that single patch in the gigfile with another gigfile, say Bourdon 4.gig. So I can have a single gig file with two patches in it, Bourdon 8 and Bourdon 4?

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:21 am

count_fuzzball wrote:Are there any tools out there for joining individual gig files together?
Sorry, there are no such tools included in libgig or linuxsampler, and gigedit doesn't have features like that either. It shouldn't be too hard to make a tool with help of libgig though. There are no functions to copy structures like Instrument or DimensionRegion, so you'll have to separately copy each parameter in each DimensionRegion, but other than that, it should be pretty straight forward.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:06 pm

count_fuzzball wrote:I should be more clear:

Say I have a gig file named Bourdon 8.gig that has got modwheel crossfades and release samples and I want to combine that single patch in the gigfile with another gigfile, say Bourdon 4.gig. So I can have a single gig file with two patches in it, Bourdon 8 and Bourdon 4?
This is a gig bank.

You need some mapping tool for this. There will soon a new mapping tool relesead that can import gig files. It's (probably) called the mapper and you'll find more information here: http://www.extranslator.com/index.php?page=news.

I realized what you want this way: Create a collection of several gig files with Samplelord. Save this collection in Samplelords native format. Now you have a samplelord bank created from your gig files. The I used Exreme Sample Converter to export the samplelord bank back to a gig file.

However - if you are using LS then you don't need bank files. You can create midimaps to achive the same result.

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 pm