Offset and LFO

You badly want a certain new feature in LinuxSampler and Co? Here is the place to raise donation offers for your feature being implemented by one of the developers.
nicop
User

Offset and LFO

Post by nicop » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 am

Hi, I'd like to begin to use LS with SFZ patches in my gigs, but to achieve this goal I have to wait until some opcodes will be implemented.
The opcodes are: offset, and a basic LFO implementation(lfoN_freq, lfoN_wave, lfoN_pan, lfoN_cutoff, lfoN_resonance).
I want to make a donation to support the LS's development and the new server host, so let me know how much I have to add for these opcodes.

thank you

nicop
User

Re: Offset and LFO

Post by nicop » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:13 pm

donation done

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi nicop,
Thank you very much for you donation and sorry for the late response!

I've just implemented the offset opcode. Please, give it a try and let me know if it is not working as expected.
I'll try to implement the other opcodes, too.

nicop
User

Post by nicop » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 pm

grishata wrote: I've just implemented the offset opcode. Please, give it a try and let me know if it is not working as expected.
I'll try to implement the other opcodes, too.
Today I tested (a little) the offset opcode and it seems to work without problems, maybe in the weekend I'll test it deeper.
For the other opcodes, I sent you and Andreas a PM about them, let me know what do you think about it.

Thanks again for developing such a powerful tool :)

Nicola

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Nicola,
I've just implemented the opcodes lfoN_delay, lfoN_freq, lfoN_pan, lfoN_cutoff, lfoN_resonance. Note that the last four commits include a lot of changes, so the code should be considered experimental. Let me know if you find any bugs.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 pm

I've just implemented and the last one - lfoN_wave with the following options:
0: triangle
1: sine
2: pulse 75%
3: square (pulse 50%)
4: pulse 25%
5: pulse 12.5%
6: saw up
7: saw down

nicop
User

Post by nicop » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:37 am

Many thanks to Grigor! Now I can start using my library with LS :-)
I tested the opcodes and, for what I was able to check and understand, there are no problems.

I notice that the LFO's value is being reset on every "note on": If I play a note with a drum sound (like a hi-hat) with a lfoN_pan, I hear the same panning every time I play that note.
it is possible to not reset it? Or to not stop the LFO after the "note off"? So each time I play that note I'll hear a different panning for that sound.

thanks!

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:04 pm

nicop wrote:Many thanks to Grigor! Now I can start using my library with LS :-)
You are welcome.
nicop wrote: I notice that the LFO's value is being reset on every "note on": If I play a note with a drum sound (like a hi-hat) with a lfoN_pan, I hear the same panning every time I play that note.
I think this is the expected behavior, right?
nicop wrote: it is possible to not reset it? Or to not stop the LFO after the "note off"? So each time I play that note I'll hear a different panning for that sound.
The LFO is part of the voice - it is triggered when the voice is triggered and is stopped when the voice is killed. I'm not sure exactly what behavior you are trying to achieve. Is there an existing opcode for that? If I understand you right you want to be able to specify the initial phase of the LFO (lfoN_phase - Sets the initial phase of the LFO N /0 to 360 degrees/) to be randomly chosen by the sampler for every voice (on every note on event) - maybe a new opcode like lfoN_phase_random? Or do you want the phase to be dynamically changed for every note on in a specific way?

nicop
User

Post by nicop » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:24 pm

grishata wrote: I think this is the expected behavior, right?
Yes ;)
grishata wrote: Or do you want the phase to be dynamically changed for every note on in a specific way?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve.
I'm thinking of a LFO that runs indipendently and feeds the instrument's parameters.
I searched in the LS SFZ Reference, and maybe the only way to do that, is to implement lfoN_phase_onccX , so I can send a midi cc to LS with an external program.

grishata
Developer

Post by grishata » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm

I've just implemented lfoN_phase and lfoN_phase_onccX.